Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody know how to make a proxy server?

Options
  • 08-08-2007 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭

As the title reads, I wanna have my own proxy server. It will be for low traffic volumes. Using google talk through networks that have it blocked etc.

Mostly it will be for browsing through, port 80 stuff etc.

Ideally, I am hoping to use it with a hosting 365, blacknight product etc. Are there any PHP solutions? If not I could always install it on my Desktop at home, but I would consider this to be a last resort.

I am clueless what to do, but if someone could point me in the right direction I should be able to get the job done!

Thanks for any help I get,
    Steve

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭NeoRox

First link on google using "setup your own proxy server"

hth

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

As the title reads, I wanna have my own proxy server. It will be for low traffic volumes. Using google talk through networks that have it blocked etc.

Mostly it will be for browsing through, port 80 stuff etc.

Ideally, I am hoping to use it with a hosting 365, blacknight product etc. Are there any PHP solutions? If not I could always install it on my Desktop at home, but I would consider this to be a last resort.

I am clueless what to do, but if someone could point me in the right direction I should be able to get the job done!

Thanks for any help I get,
    Steve

Linux , Squid.

however, would using googletalk through networks that have it blocked not be a breach of their terms and agreements ?

Advertisement