Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aviom LS9 recording

Options
  • 08-08-2007 10:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi there,

I'm new to audio recording, and i have a confusing question.

Our church just upgraded all of our sound equipment. This whole scale modernization included a Yamaha Ls9-32 Digital sound board, and an Aviom personal monitoring system.

We have a card installed in the LS9 to feed 16 individual channels into our Aviom system via a Cat 5 cable. This keeps the signal all digital, which is great.

My question is this, is there a piece of software out there that will allow me to take that cat 5 cable, plug it into my computer, and using cubase or something like it have 16 individual track recordings?

I know that i can buy a card to install that will give me ADAT outputs, but I already have 16 channels of digital audio floating around, and I want to tap into that.

Has anybody else thought of this? Is there a way to do it?

Thanks

David

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭squibs

Its a live sound desk, so computer connectivity doesn't seem to be big on the list. It does look like you can record to USB memory stick, albeit in compressed modes (mp3, wma and aac). I can't tell what the LAN cable is for - maybe for chaining 2 desks, or for firmware updates?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

I've heard of audio signals and control signals being sent via ethernet/cat 5 cable before but confess I know nothing about it. Any idea what protocol it uses?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Jedidavid wrote:
    Hi there,

I'm new to audio recording, and i have a confusing question.

Our church just upgraded all of our sound equipment. This whole scale modernization included a Yamaha Ls9-32 Digital sound board, and an Aviom personal monitoring system.

We have a card installed in the LS9 to feed 16 individual channels into our Aviom system via a Cat 5 cable. This keeps the signal all digital, which is great.

My question is this, is there a piece of software out there that will allow me to take that cat 5 cable, plug it into my computer, and using cubase or something like it have 16 individual track recordings?

I know that i can buy a card to install that will give me ADAT outputs, but I already have 16 channels of digital audio floating around, and I want to tap into that.

Has anybody else thought of this? Is there a way to do it?

Thanks

David
    David I really suggest you take this issue to the LAB Lounge Forum at www.prosoundweb.com a lot of those guys have experience with the LS-9 and can point you in the right direction.

Advertisement