Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Budget Convertible

Options
  • 08-08-2007 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭

Can anyone give advise on a budget convertible (new)?

Currently have a 207 and wouldn't want anything smaller so a 207 coupé isn't really an option. Something a bit bigger would be ok like a Astra or a 307 - what are people's opinions/advise on other cars?

Bear in mind I'm not made of cash!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

What is your budget? Do you have any practical constraints, child seats, golf clubs etc? Does it have to be a hard top convertible or would soft top do?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭johnfás

Would prefer a hard top, but a soft top might do. No real restrictions, the 207 (non convertible) does me fine at the moment but I wouldn't really want anything smaller. Budget is roughly up to 35k.

I'd be looking at the Mazda MX-5 if I was you, even a top spec Roadster model would be within budget, and unlike any other new machine else on offer for under 35k is nice to look at and drive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Mr2?

out of production for 2 years now,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Dish

Honda s2000!

only €26,000 over budget!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

At the risk of getting slagged ... MINI Cooper S Cabrio. Great fun. Or, an MX-5 ... equally great to drive.

Pfft! Suppose! haha!

Still sexual convertible though! Is new reallty necessary though? Like relatively new?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I drove an S2000 about a fortnight ago for the first time. It was magical to listen to the engine reach 9k rpm. There is no need for a radio in that car whatsoever.

• Advertisement

ned78 wrote:
    I drove an S2000 about a fortnight ago for the first time. It was magical to listen to the engine reach 9k rpm. There is no need for a radio in that car whatsoever.

Exactly! U have the vtec! Love hearing it kick in!

have to agree, although in my case it's a 6 cylinder MIVEC, who neads a radio when you hit 5500 rpm and there's still loads to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

On that budget you cannot really beat the MX-5. Doesn't look that nice though with the top up.

yes, but september is promised sunny...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

An 04 UK Saab 9-3 Convertible. They seem to hold their value well

johnf&#225 wrote: »
    Can anyone give advise on a budget convertible (new)?

Advertisement