Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Help! Philips 42PF9831D? Samsung M86? Wait?

• 08-08-2007 11:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭

Okay here's the deal.

I've been looking at the Philips 42PF9831D which is a 42" with full Ambilight surround, 2 HDMI, 2 USB and last but not least, an ethernet connection.
    BUT! It's not 1080p and why spend that much money and not get full HD.

I found a preview on the net about philips next version which is 1080p, full ambilight but doesn't appear to have an ethernet connection for some stupid reason.

The other option is the 46" M86 which is a really nice T.V.. 1080p, bigger, 3 HDMI but no ethernet.

Should I wait and see what philips do with the next version?
    I have a headache....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Sleipnir wrote:
    It's not 1080p and why spend that much money and not get full HD.

One reason could be that you won't notice any difference between the current Phillips and the 1080p one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Well the Philips is handy in that you can play XviD and the like through it's built in player via the ethernet port but any half decent DVD player out there also does that these days.

As Jip points out if your fairly close to the screen you may not notice the difference between the 720p and 1080p version.

As for the M86 check the review here and decide on what you want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Thanks for the replies.

I really did notice a difference looking at the two of them I have to say. Not a huge difference but I certainly thought HD on the m86 looked better than on the Philips.
    I think I'll wait to see what the next version of the philips TV has. I'd always be wishing I'd waited if they released a T.V. that had everything I wanted weeks after I had bought something else.

Cheers guys.

Advertisement