Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Endeavour and Star Trek

Options
  • 09-08-2007 12:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭

Was I the only one who had NASA.gov streaming the latest Shuttle (Endeavour) launch to the ISS 20 mins ago while simutaniously watching Star Trek III on Sky Scifi Horror.

The launch of Endeavour seemed to synchronise with the Enterprise docking with the Earth space station.

Endeavour launched to the music of James Horner

Not to mention the ISS passing over head at the same time

Allignment... I think so

Feel free to move this to Astronomy or even after hours

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Reptileboy

Yeah I was doing the same. I usually watch the launch on Sky News, but since they are so unreliable I decided to have my Laptop ready and the NASA TV stream running.

So when I waiting for Sky News to start coverage I happened upon Star Trek and just got into watching it, even though I own them on DVD, I still find myself watching more of Star Trek when its broadcast on TV.

I did make me wonder if my interest in human space exploration was derived from my love of Star Trek, or was it simply that I'm predisposed to both.

Great launch though, very smooth and uneventful. Just how they should be. Can't wait for Endeavour to dock with the ISS.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

I was watching the launch online, but I wasn't watching Star Trek.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

luckily skynews did show it from 1-2 minutes, I had me fingers crossed... when does the main fuel tank detach from the shuttle, they five minutes into the flight and it still attached... then skynews cut off :/

theres 24 mice on the flight!

Advertisement