Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shredded Wheat

• 09-08-2007 12:23am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,997 ✭✭✭✭

I bought a pack of Shredded Wheat in Tesco's as they were on special offer. I'm just after having some and I have a question: How the hell do these sell? They're pretty horrible, rather flavourless. I know they are supposed to be 'healthy' but are they really?
    5098903.JPG

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭darkskol

Theres just something about them that makes them nice to eat, its at that point when they are sitting in the milk and they just start to turn soggy. mmmmm (must go out and get a box tomorrow now)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

they taste alright when they're loaded with sugar...try that next time!! might take away from the healthy part though!!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

Malteaser! wrote:
    they taste alright when they're loaded with sugar...try that next time!! might take away from the healthy part though!!! ;)
    fair point there,the sugar does the trick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

I actually like them with hot milk as well...again the sugar is essential!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

They are extremely healthy as they're 100% shredded wheat with no added nasties. Lob them in some milk, wash down with a glass of OJ and you're well on your way to a healthy start to the day. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

like eating an old maids shawl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,557 ✭✭✭✭fits

I think they're rotten as well. I'd pick porridge any day over this stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,997 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Hmnnnnn.... I ended up having it with sugar alright, but that does take away from the healthy aspect of them alright. Warm milk sounds like it might make them more palatable, but that's alot of effort first thing in the morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

oh they're yummy, especially when they're really really soggy...mmmm.....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

gotta use hot milk so they go all soggy, and a thick crust of sugar on top. its like the way you can only eat weetabix with a half plantation of sugar on each biscuit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I like weetabix, shredded Wheat are the devils work though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Try the with hot milk and honey or sultannas and not the sugar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,997 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Thaedydal wrote:
    Try the with hot milk and honey or sultannas and not the sugar.
    That's a GREAT idea!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Honey and a banana chopped on top.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Splinty

*wonders if you could use crumbled shredded wheat instead of oatmeal in oatmeal cookie recipes*

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

you can make nests out of them for easter. melted chocolate and break them up a bit, all straw like. not a patch on ricecripsy buns but they look better for filing w/ mini eggs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭cozmik

Shredded Wheat is WAY overpriced but at least it's not loaded with sugar and other junk.

Advertisement