Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dodge Calibar

Options
  • 09-08-2007 1:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭

Some of you may have seen my previous thread on the honda HRV, whic i am considering.

But today i seen one of these Dodge's and was impressed. I think it looks the business and is the style im looking at.

Anyone know much about them? Theres sweet FA on the net as there pretty new to the market. Anyone own one, what do you think?

Or anyone got an views on them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

A modern day PT Cruiser IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

They're not a bad car at all, I'm surprised they haven't sold in greater numbers. I have a friend who's trying to trade one in at the moment, and apparently the value he's getting for his 06 isn't great as a lot of hire drives are about to hit the second hand market. Might be no harm to keep an eye out for them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

Like them myself, very few of them about which is also good. Might go for a 06 (once the inital depreciation is done). whats depreciation like in general with these?

Ned did your mate like it? Whys he trading it in?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

Would'nt touch it with a barge pole. American engineering, no-resale value, engine is crap in the lower models, crappy interior. it actually gets a reasonable write up here but my advice is run away as fast as possible and dont look back.
    http://www.cbg.ie/newcars/Dodge/Caliber.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Ned did your mate like it? Whys he trading it in?

It's his wife's runaround, he has a Saab, and bought the Dodge from the same Saab Dealership. He's trading it cause I'm selling him a Cooper Diesel ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

I took a test drive in one (1.8, iirc) and wasn't mad about it. I liked it a whole lot more before I got into it. The plastics aren't great and the interior just seems cheap, like Korean cars of old.

It is a very striking car though. Nice exterior styling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Mc-BigE

what about the new Chevorlet captiva SUV 4x4 thingy, looks the business

http://www.chevrolet.ie/models-and-prices/models-and-prices-overview.html

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I don't think Irish people are much into American compact cars. They are usually poorly built and packaging, handling is terrible and only available with either fairly thirsty petrol engines or loud old hand me down clattery diesel engines that they bought from someone else.

Irish and other European motoring tastes are totally different to American so selling the same product over here is always going to be an uphill struggle for US manufacturers.

Remember the Chrysler Neon, it was labelled at the time as the American car which would appeal to European drivers. We know what happened that.

Dodge, Cadillac, Chrysler, Chevrolet, etc are all failing to make inroads into the European market.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

A neighbour has one. but as a US heap, it's quite unsafe for a new design. The seatbelts in particular have a major weakness which was highlighted in recent tests

Advertisement