Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Old Navy, American Eagle, etc in Dublin

• 09-08-2007 1:26am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

Hi, I know that there no stores like Old Navy, American Eagle, Abercrombie & Fitch, etc in Dublin. But basically, what i want to know is, is there any stores in Dublin which stock clothes from any of these shops? I know, it's probably a stupid question, lol!

Oh yeah and do ye know if there any plans for shops like these to set up in Dublin? I heard A&F were in talks to come, but that seemed to fall through or something because I haven't heard anything about it in a while.

Thanks very much.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Rhonda9000

CoolCiaran wrote:
    Hi, I know that there no stores like Old Navy, American Eagle, Abercrombie & Fitch, etc in Dublin.

Thank God! I cant stand them (sorry) lol ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Buttons_sb

CoolCiaran wrote:
    Hi, I know that there no stores like Old Navy, American Eagle, Abercrombie & Fitch, etc in Dublin. But basically, what i want to know is, is there any stores in Dublin which stock clothes from any of these shops? I know, it's probably a stupid question, lol!

Oh yeah and do ye know if there any plans for shops like these to set up in Dublin? I heard A&F were in talks to come, but that seemed to fall through or something because I haven't heard anything about it in a while.

Thanks very much.

Hey! Well as far as I know there is nowhere in dublin that sells American Eagle or Hollister but I do know that you can get some Old Navy and Abercrombie for women anyway.

Old Navy - Arnotts [Womens]

Abercombie - In Stephens Green Shopping centre, there is a small shop called 'Tattoo' I think and it sometimes sells Abercrombie stock but it is quite expensive e.g €90 for tracksuit bottoms :( [Womens]

If its mens your looking for im sorry i havnt a clue =]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

There's an A&F store in London. Get a Ryanair 2c flight over and then buy the stuff and bring it back. (It's unbelievably expensive though).
    You could also get a credit card and order over the net, then just pay the import tax, probably works out cheaper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

A&F had people over here about three weeks ago scouting for locations. American Eagle stuff is all over town at the moment, presumably TK Maxx have gotten in an order. Old Navy as somebody else said are in Arnotts.

jdivision wrote:
    A&F had people over here about three weeks ago scouting for locations. American Eagle stuff is all over town at the moment, presumably TK Maxx have gotten in an order. Old Navy as somebody else said are in Arnotts.

What shops can you get American eagle stuff?? (aside from txmaxx)
    I havnt seen a store??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

jdivision wrote:
    American Eagle stuff is all over town at the moment, presumably TK Maxx have gotten in an order.

lol :D

"every creamer is wearing ralph since tk maxx came" - Ross O'Carroll-Kelly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

sooner that ross o carroll kelly guy is killed, chopped up with an angle grinder and fed to the birds (i wouldn't give him to pigs/cows as humans eat them) the better.

american eagle can be got off their website, keep the order value low < $150 and it comes from the postman, my postman doesn't fully do his job when he delivers my american eagle packages if you know what i mean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Crania

Thanks for the replies guys! I would buy off thier websites but I just thought that the shipping prices, etc would be astronomical...no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

You can also get Old Navy from Debenhams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Buttons_sb wrote:
    Old Navy - Arnotts [Womens]

If its mens your looking for im sorry i havnt a clue =]

Arnotts do Old Navy for men aswell

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭louisecm

Buy from ebay. Cheaper and less expensive postage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭HardyEustace

Cremo wrote:
    american eagle can be got off their website, keep the order value low < $150 and it comes from the postman, my postman doesn't fully do his job when he delivers my american eagle packages if you know what i mean.

Does that mean that the value has to be <$150 INCLUDING THE $40 p&p charge or not including the $40 p&p charge?

value of goods only.

Does anyone know the price of shipping from the A&F website?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

AE don't seem to ship to ireland ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

AE don't seem to ship to ireland ???
    they do as i've bought from them about 5 times before.
    in fact i'm about to buy again from them this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

oh good stuff, thanks :) i was getting mixed up with aeropostale i think!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,273 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Does that mean that the value has to be <$150 INCLUDING THE $40 p&p charge or not including the $40 p&p charge?

From the Revenue site:
    Duty is charged on the price paid for the goods including any local sales taxes plus postage, packing and insurance costs.

http://www.revenue.ie/index.htm?/leaflets/pn1179.htm

spurious speaks the truth, i never said my method would avoid taxation, just that i've never gotten taxed on packages from there but in saying that i said i never spent more than $150 including shipping.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,273 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Often times packages arrive with values above the limits clearly stated but they do not bother collecting the duty and tax. I guess it depends on whether they think it's worth the hassle if it's a once-off purchase, or maybe someone is just having a good day.

The DHL type delivery services always charge in my experience, but things slip through in the post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭aliqueenb

got charged customs and vat from hollister about like a month and a bit after i got the clothes, it was like 30 euro even when the skirt and tank top i bought only added up to about $40 but then there is the shipping of $40 aswell!:rolleyes:...have only bought american eagle ever since, the shipping is cheaper too (minimum $25) :D so thats always good, and you don't see half as many people in dublin wearing american eagle outfitters compared to the amount of fake/cheap looking hollister and abercrombie....like seen pictures of a shop in dunlaoighre that sells all abercrombie/hollister stuff and it looked soooooo cheap and tacky, its called la style:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:...me wants some ruehl 925 now though...$78 for a jumper lol:p....would really rather 'jack wills' but thats english and the exchange rate is just too high....but grrrr :mad::mad:ye say tx-maxx have it now ughh not fair!!!!...hate that shop no wonder its the new name for the toilets lol:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Midna

Oh no.

Old Navy is cheap and nasty. AE is OK at a push but A&F? Ugh!

Banana Republic at a push for american fashion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,905 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Cremo wrote: »
    sooner that ross o carroll kelly guy is killed, chopped up with an angle grinder and fed to the birds (i wouldn't give him to pigs/cows as humans eat them) the better.

Awww is that cause you're sick of being slagged?!
    aliqueenb wrote: »
    got charged customs and vat from hollister about like a month and a bit after i got the clothes, it was like 30 euro even when the skirt and tank top i bought only added up to about $40 but then there is the shipping of $40 aswell!:rolleyes:...have only bought american eagle ever since, the shipping is cheaper too (minimum $25) :D so thats always good, and you don't see half as many people in dublin wearing american eagle outfitters compared to the amount of fake/cheap looking hollister and abercrombie....like seen pictures of a shop in dunlaoighre that sells all abercrombie/hollister stuff and it looked soooooo cheap and tacky, its called la style:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:...me wants some ruehl 925 now though...$78 for a jumper lol:p....would really rather 'jack wills' but thats english and the exchange rate is just too high....but grrrr :mad::mad:ye say tx-maxx have it now ughh not fair!!!!...hate that shop no wonder its the new name for the toilets lol:D

MY EYES!! Reading that was painful. Like totally painful man.

Why do hate TK Maxx if it sells exactly the sort of brands you're looking for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭SexyD4Lady

Xavi6 wrote: »

Why do hate TK Maxx if it sells exactly the sort of brands you're looking for?

+1

And that shop In DL, LA Style, is actually rather good, Got two hoodies there for €50. Lovely and cosy. Abercrombie ones. More than likely knock offs, but they look the same as the genuines, and are incredibly warm which is the most important bit. Going to college in freezing temperatures calls for bulky hoodies under jackets.

SexyD4Lady wrote: »
    +1

And that shop In DL, LA Style, is actually rather good, Got two hoodies there for €50. Lovely and cosy. Abercrombie ones. More than likely knock offs, but they look the same as the genuines, and are incredibly warm which is the most important bit. Going to college in freezing temperatures calls for bulky hoodies under jackets.

Sorry to stereotype but after seeing your user name I honestly didn't expect a good post like this. Fair play.

Why do hate TK Maxx if it sells exactly the sort of brands you're looking for?[/QUOTE]

Sorry i know like it was long and stuff but the last time i tried to go onto a new line on this it posted it like?....or is that what you were on about?....how was it painful lol?

tx maxx is such a mess!!!!!!!!!:eek: you would have to spend ages looking for the clothes you want its so bad. i never seen any brands i particularly like there?...all i seen was some tommy hilfiger...and i don't like that brand that much, its kinda gone skobe now?...

what other brands are there that i would like?

couldn't be bothered searching for American Eagle there, much easier to order online!...and wouldnt want the bits in txmaxx there anyways, its always the crap stuff in that shop like?

Sorry i know like it was long and stuff but the last time i tried to go onto a new line on this it posted it like?....or is that what you were on about?....how was it painful lol?

It was more the excessive use of smilies to be honest. I noticed you used your full quota of 15 so I can only imagine what would have happened if it was a free for all.
    tx maxx is such a mess!!!!!!!!!:eek: you would have to spend ages looking for the clothes you want its so bad. i never seen any brands i particularly like there?...all i seen was some tommy hilfiger...and i don't like that brand that much, its kinda gone skobe now?...

what other brands are there that i would like?

couldn't be bothered searching for American Eagle there, much easier to order online!...and wouldnt want the bits in txmaxx there anyways, its always the crap stuff in that shop like?

Actually TK Maxx doesn't just get the crap. It gets the out of season stock from the states which is only coming into season in Ireland.

But if you are given the extra funds to be able to afford the online prices then nice one. Not everyone can though.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    It was more the excessive use of smilies to be honest. I noticed you used your full quota of 15 so I can only imagine what would have happened if it was a free for all.

haha yea lol i had 16 in the beginning!...normally never use them at all i just get so damn emotional about this you know ha!

Actually TK Maxx doesn't just get the crap. It gets the out of season stock from the states which is only coming into season in Ireland.

But if you are given the extra funds to be able to afford the online prices then nice one. Not everyone can though.

but sure because of the dollar euro exchange rate it works out quite well...lol i check www.xe.com so often, right now $1 would get you 1.48323 euro...love it!

• Advertisement
Advertisement