Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

your ultimate mod.

• 09-08-2007 4:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭

If all your usual constraints were taken away (i.e. space, time, money etc) by a large euromillions win, what would be your ultimate mod?

I'm thinking, that for me it would be an imax gaming theatre with the ultimate force feedback lazy boy.
    or
    The ultimate OC rig immersed in liquid (insert exotic non conducting fluid here)

so tell me, what is your dream mod?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Probably a massive cascade system which is hooked up to all major componets like cpu,ram,graphics,nb,mosfets,sb etc etc. Keeping everything at -200c. An wall array of about 12 30" monitors. And a few japenese servent girls to cater for my every whim ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

bah if I had that much money i'd put all my money into this game and play it every second of everyday:

RL, the largest MMORPG/FPS in the world:

Some features include

-Insanely high FPS
    -Virtually no lag
    -No load times
    -State of the art ragdoll physics

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Anti wrote:
    Keeping everything at -200c.

talk about yer pc freezing on you, eh? :D

*gets coat*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

yeah , even with unlimited money it will still only be a little better than a 2grand pc

no money aplicable dosent really apply , techs change so often your pc would be constantly open waiting on new parts....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

I agree Papu, there is only so much you can spend on a rig, but I would go IMAX, Anti would do his cascade thing (anti im going to be incorporating the serving girl theme in my future lotto fantasies:D ) L31mr0d would go massively multi, what would you like to do?

Id also like my car to be driven by a keyboard, arrows and space-bar ftw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,468 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I'd buy about 10 of the top of the range pc's with Dell 27" LCD's. Build them myself and order the fastest broadband I could get.
    Have the mates around for the olde lan gaming plus online play.
    Also a few xbox 360/PS3/Wii hooked upto a couple of 50 inch LCD's for stuff like soccer competitions/Wii boxing matches etc :)
    We'd be served by 10 of the most beautiful polish girls I could find (wouldn't be hard :D ) who bring us drinks etc.

Japenses > polish

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

Anti wrote:
    Japenses > polish

;)

yes but japenses wouldent sever you for the same money a polish would :p;)

wait

id organize a dreamhack for ireland with pc's available for everyone and free buss services

so basically

2000 x pc's with 20" monitors

2000X bus and train tickets

+ everything else needed for a lan....

oh and pay some people to set it up for me :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

polish girls are hawt.

orac3 is my ultimate mod.

• Advertisement

whats orac3?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

I should have known that :o , I was a big fan when I was a kid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

if money wasnt an object then you could just pump the money into reasearch on some cool new technology, completly reinvent the pc, then sell it and make your money back :)

the ultimate gaming rig, with a 500GB flash memory hard drive.
    get an atx board designed that can hold 5 or 6 quad core processors with all voltages and clocks adjustable by the user. And a lawnmower man type virtual reality setup, Tron anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,817 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Contract someone to do it for me.

I'd be too busy with the coke and hookers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭nibble

SyxPak wrote:
    Contract someone to do it for me.

I'd be too busy with the coke and hookers.
    Damn coke and hookers, stealing all your time.

but the question is would they be polish or japanese hookers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

pred racer wrote:

Why not both?

Whats wrong with having the best of both worlds?:D

Then you mayaswell throw in some hot italian women too then. You cant be seen discriminating ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

which kinda begs the question, if money was no object would I still be interested in games and computers? hmm.. I mean you could travel the world, do everything in this life you probably won't, have houses in every corner of the globe.

I think i'd probably do what others have said and just pay someone to keep my houses and computers completely up to date with technology.

And pay someone to post on here pretending to be you?

Anti wrote:
    And pay someone to post on here pretending to be you?

That wouldnt cost much!:p

L31mr0d wrote:
    which kinda begs the question, if money was no object would I still be interested in games and computers? hmm.. I mean you could travel the world, do everything in this life you probably won't, have houses in every corner of the globe.

I think i'd probably do what others have said and just pay someone to keep my houses and computers completely up to date with technology.
    If that's your thinking then my friend you're not a true nerd, are you?:p

pred racer wrote:
    Or Columbian or Peruvian cocaine? Oh decisions, decisions.
    On topic, I guess something with the best desktop hardware; 8800Ultra Sli, Quadcore, Raptors etc. The case would be something really cool looking, a kind of arty case, something that TribalOverkill would make. Plenty of black and blue, chrome, airbrushing and a ferrari quality paint finish. All with the best watercooling of course;) .

nibble wrote:
    Or Columbian or Peruvian cocaine? Oh decisions, decisions.
    On topic, I guess something with the best desktop hardware; 8800Ultra Sli, Quadcore, Raptors etc. The case would be something really cool looking, a kind of arty case, something that TribalOverkill would make. Plenty of black and blue, chrome, airbrushing and a ferrari quality paint finish. All with the best watercooling of course;) .

You still have so much to learn.

You would need solid state hdds. Lots and lots and lots of them. Then get nasa to give you a direct fiber link to the transcontinental transit. Can you say hello torrents ;)

Then i think a 200" 1080p screen, a few TB of ram..... Oh stop im giving myself a hard on here :p

p.s love the cocaine idea though.

Anti wrote:
    You still have so much to learn.

You would need solid state hdds. Lots and lots and lots of them. Then get nasa to give you a direct fiber link to the transcontinental transit. Can you say hello torrents ;)

Then i think a 200" 1080p screen, a few TB of ram..... Oh stop im giving myself a hard on here :p

p.s love the cocaine idea though.

YES fiber straight to the source of the internet!

...also...hax buy lots and lots of hax ,

Advertisement