Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need a program compress and join .vob video files

• 09-08-2007 6:27am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭

Lets say for legality sake my friend made a wedding dvd for a friend.
    Now the groom wants to have a digital version of the dvd to back it up but is short on hard drive space.

lets say the wedding dvd is 2 hours long and when ripped is split into 4 .vob files.

can anyone suggest a *free* program that will join and compress these files into one mpg/avi/mp4 file?

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Recon

Did you try windows movie maker?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Panda

yep, ive used that before but im looking for something that has a little more functionality

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭anthony4335

try a program called simpledivx, should be able to find it on www.betanews.com, this will work no matter how many .vob files there are as long as there is the info file, cant remember the extention for this file.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

VOB2MPG will combine the VOB's into a single .MPG file.

To compress the video into something else after words well AutoMKV is probably worth looking at or XviD4PSP which can do XviD/WMV/H.264.

If very familiar with video tools MeGUI is best option for H.264 video.

If not at all familar with video tools Nero Digital is probably easiest option for MP4 (XviD or H.264).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

MPEG Streamclip is a great program for this sort of thing.

It's free to download. Get it here: www.squared5.com

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭portomar

i use cyberlink powerdirector (got it off a friend, not sure if theres a freeware version) its good cause it allows u output an .avi file, which i find useful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 flaherty291

Try VOBfix.

Highly configurable in advanced mode or just plain easy mode for dummies. Does everything. You choose the interface that suits you best! Totally free.

http://www.zen63433.zen.co.uk/filez/vobfix_26_setup.exe

Advertisement