Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New tire - pressure dropping

Options
  • 09-08-2007 7:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭

Got a new set of tyres last Wednesday. Wheels are alloys. Pumped the tires that night to about 33 PSI and headed away for the weekend so car was driven.

Had my NCT yesterday morning so went to the garage to do a quick check and the pressure in one tyre had dropped to about 22 PSI! Before I head back to the tire shop does it seam reasonable to assume that the tyre isn't sealed properly or the valve could be leaking?

I've checked it for nails, etc and didn't notice anything.

Thanks,

MM

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭MAYPOP

Probably the valve leaking - wiggle it around and you might hear air escaping.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

take if off and pur a bucket of water over it and should see where the wata is bubbling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Got a new set of tyres last Wednesday. Wheels are alloys. Pumped the tires that night to about 33 PSI and headed away for the weekend so car was driven.

Had my NCT yesterday morning so went to the garage to do a quick check and the pressure in one tyre had dropped to about 22 PSI! Before I head back to the tire shop does it seam reasonable to assume that the tyre isn't sealed properly or the valve could be leaking?

I've checked it for nails, etc and didn't notice anything.

Thanks,

MM

Are they all after loosing pressure or just the one?

Some of the gauges in filling stations can't be trusted either so be careful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Marathon_Man

Just the one. Other three are fine.

I'm gonna bring is back Saturday.

Advertisement