Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Problem playing DVDs ? ? ? ?

• 09-08-2007 8:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭

Can anyone help, has anyone come across this problem before ?

Why does a DVD work in one of my DVD players and not work in another DVD player that I have at home ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Media problem probably scratches, poor quality etc. or the disc is from another region so it wont play in a region locked player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭alibabba

8T8 wrote:
    Media problem probably scratches, poor quality etc. or the disc is from another region so it wont play in a region locked player.

No, its none of the above mentioned. The disk (that works fine in one DVD player but not in another) is brand new and region 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭daedalus2097

Is it some kind of new copy protection maybe? The kind that causes some CDs to make horrible noises on about 1% of CD players (mine being one of the 1% or course...)

Is it some kind of new copy protection maybe? The kind that causes some CDs to make horrible noises on about 1% of CD players (mine being one of the 1% or course...)

Copy Protection ?
    Who said anything about copying ?
    I only want to play the ORIGINAL DVD

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

yes, and the original dvd would have copy proection to stop it being copied....

although i don't think that is your problem..just because it is brand new doesn't mean that the dvd was made correctly, i'd return it for a replacement and see if you have the same problem

• Advertisement

mossym wrote:
    yes, and the original dvd would have copy proection to stop it being copied....

although i don't think that is your problem..just because it is brand new doesn't mean that the dvd was made correctly, i'd return it for a replacement and see if you have the same problem

If it works perfectly on one DVD player (every time) it should work on the other. Whats the point in returning the DVD if it works.

Im thinking its more to do with different formats of DVD disks????

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

if it wasn't pressed right a stronger laser in one player might be able to read it easier than a weaker laser in another.

okay, so if you're 100% sure the dvd works and there is no point returning it, then your second dvd player is broken so throw it out and buy a new one...simple...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 161 ✭✭patpark121

Yeah, i had this problem before. Brand new philips dvd player & a box set that wouldn't work. So i sent box set back & got a replacement. That wouldn't work either. By pure chance tried it in my PS2 & it worked a dream.

Asked a man in the know & it was narrowed down to the coding on the disk. Probably something like mossym has said below. Apparently it's rare enough but like all great mod cons they have their flaws.

Advertisement