Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY Toolkit

Options
  • 09-08-2007 9:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Recently got a new House - having to do the floors, shelving, tiling etc etc all myself. So am looking to invest in a toolkit. Besides the argos for these types of things i dont know where else to look.

Saw, Drill, Pliers, Hammer, wrenches, level, screwdrivers. Any hints or tips please?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

LIDL and ALDI have good value for DIY tools but they are classed as 'Specials' and so are only on sale now and then .... you would need to keep an eye out for their 'Specials' leaflets .... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,163 ✭✭✭10-10-20

I don't think you can just go out on any set day and buy a 'DIY kit'. I've added to mine over the last 3 years, the last item I purchased was a builders trowel and grout spreader, but I could not have predicted that I would have needed this before now! I get my tools from a variety of sources, Woodies, Atlantic, Brooks - small merchants etc...

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

For our house build I purchased most of them online in one shipment, I knew what I was going to be working on so bought accordingly.

Ebay was grand for tools. One thing I would advice, I purchase 30 different cordless drills, all cheapo, in or about 40 quid each, all 3 are now dead, went out and bought a dewalt from America, serious power and long battery life, so u gets what u pay for.

Advertisement