Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Post - are ye checking this board regularely?

Options
  • 09-08-2007 9:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭

If you do - read this:
    Ye are just useless!

Today on page 14 you had an article "Galway-Limerick-Cork bus route launched". Fair enough.

The POST is a Limerick newspaper supposed to provide information about Limerick for Limerick people. Right?

In your aticle about the new bus route you are giving the departure times of the busses. Fair enough.

Those departure times are the ones from Cork and Galway. Fair enough.

Is it to much to ask to expect from a local newspaper some specific local information??? For exapmle when and where are the busses arriving/leaving in Limerick? Or is it a subtle hint on the "reliablity" of Irish bus services?

Or is it just behind your abilities to edit a press release instead of copy'n paste?

Imagine I would have to pay for this newspaper!

/rant over

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

It's your own fault for reading it.

And some people do have to pay for it, it all depends on whether whatever shop you go into is charging for it or not. some do, some dont.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

To be honest the post is good for basic Limerick news. A few people I know ( myself included) prefer the limerick blogger. Much better news and the option to comment on stories as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

i think the post is keeping an eye on a few blogs and sites for its stories. Seen a few things appear on blogs recently and a week or two later appear in the post. Its a rag imo. Find the independent a much better read but thats imo

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

its only good for the cinema times and they're usually wrong as well

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

krudler wrote:
    its only good for the cinema times and they're usually wrong as well

Na, its good for lighting the fire too....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

In fairness its better the Leader :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

wingnut wrote:
    In fairness its better the Leader :)

for what? for lighting the fire? :rolleyes:

Advertisement