Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dreams and reality

• 09-08-2007 9:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Ever since I was little i had full control of my dreams.It was more like daydreaming but i was asleep.And I always remebered it fully.But now some people i have never seen in my life come to my dreams and because of my ability i was able to talk to them and i took their names and adresses.And here is the scary part,when i searched for their names on google i found out that they do live on the adresses they gave me.I had the courage to find one of them and it was the guy,AND HE RECOGNISED ME.All explenations for this phenomena are wellcome.
    P.S.That guy and me are now friends.He turned out to be a cool guy.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

:eek: holy $&!^

not even sure how to think about that one... :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭McGinty

In terms of being able to control what occurs in your dreams, your account is the third one I have heard so far in my lifetime, one is a friend who can alter his dreams and interact with them and the other is my sister. I don't know anything about that but in regards to talking with people who exist in reality and your dreams, all I can say is Wow and it may back up my crack pot (albeit I think quite logical) theory. Basically I believe, and most would I think see that humans are made up of matter and energy. So we consist of blood, bone, etc but our thoughts, dreams, emotions are the energetic aspect of ourselves. I believe that we can exist in various dimensions and one of these dimensions is an energetic dimension that holds a huge amount of information, and where I believe thoughts go to. A good book that discusses this on a scientific basis is called "The Field", you can google the website on it as well. I believe when we dream we visit or our minds go to this dimension, kind of a place where energy meets but no matter, and this dimension has no time as we know it, that is everything happens at once. Basically it could be possible your mind/spirit visited this place in your dreams, you were able to recall the various information you picked there, remembered it and could transfer that info into your waking reality, I believe this theory also explains deja vu, those people who are able to predict the future and other strange occurances such as seeing past lives, etc. Having said that personally as scary as it sounds you have an amazing gift of recall and memory for a start and who knows where this could lead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

This sounds like astral travel like to me.... I have heard lots of stories of this kind of thing. In fact there is a certain boardsie who claims to have met another boardsie in their dreams... different from yours as they knew each other before ( I think). I'm just so jealous that there's this amazing elite nighttime world that I can't get to!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

You do realise that if you're not making this up you can become famous and earn millions, not to mention provide our species with an understanding of something truly incredible?

Of course if you are making this up, or selectively changing events in your head a little, then you will join the ranks of millions who claim to have psychic powers and can never prove it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

People, try and keep the tone somewhat respectful please.

If you've really got nothing to add other than "I don't believe you" then it's not really worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

why not?
    it's an absolutely ridiculous story, which is being treated with far too much respect by the people on this forum.

Goodshape wrote:
    If you've really got nothing to add other than "I don't believe you" then it's not really worth it.

This isn't the paranormal forum. Saying "I don't think you have psychic powers" is hardly a personal attack. He even said "All explenations for this phenomena are wellcome." My explanation would be that it never happened, he dreamed the whole thing, or he's selectively remembering/interpreting events so they seem paranormal. For example, maybe by "recognised me", he thought he looked familiar, etc. Again, we've already got several forums dedicated to "Don't tell me magic isn't real!", I don't think we need another one.

McGinty wrote:
    So we consist of blood, bone, etc but our thoughts, dreams, emotions are the energetic aspect of ourselves.

Nope, not at all. The energy aspect is heat, movement etc. Emotions, thoughts and dreams are the functioning of the brain. "Energy" is a word that belongs to science. If you want something for souls/thoughts/feelings then go with chi, mana, quintessence or any one of the many words that have been used over the decades by mystics. Don't try and lend validity to it by corrupting science.

I believe that we can exist in various dimensions and one of these dimensions is an energetic dimension that holds a huge amount of information, and where I believe thoughts go to. A good book that discusses this on a scientific basis is called "The Field"

Really...a scientific explanation on how there is an energetic dimension full of information where our thoughts go...? Dare I ask what experiments they have to support these conclusions...? Might I posit perhaps that this book is the very place you got the pseudo-science you employed above?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

I'm not trying to stifle debate or discussion by any means but I think there's respectful and inclusive debate, and then there's looking down your nose and sneering at anything which doesn't fit into your own view of the scientific world. The two of you seem to excel at the later much of the time.

Being an atheist is all well and good but it doesn't and shouldn't ever mean that there's not a whole lot going on out there which we really just don't understand yet.

And my previous post was largely directed at Mordeth for his unhelpful comment, which I deleted : "my explanation is that you are talking out your ass", which isn't the least bit helpful or explanatory.

Zillah wrote:
    Really...a scientific explanation on how there is an energetic dimension full of information where our thoughts go...? Dare I ask what experiments they have to support these conclusions...? Might I posit perhaps that this book is the very place you got the pseudo-science you employed above?
    Such theories do exist, even in the world of Real Scientists. Have a look at this article (the Universe as a Hologram) and the Holonomic Brain Theory.

Out of interest, do either of you two (Mordeth/Zillah) study neuroscience or anything similar?

Goodshape wrote:
    And my previous post was largely directed at Mordeth for his unhelpful comment, which I deleted : "my explanation is that you are talking out your ass", which isn't the least bit helpful or explanatory.

Ah, that I didn't see...

Such theories do exist, even in the world of Real Scientists. Have a look at this article (the Universe as a Hologram)

Thats a very out of date article. Sounds like some guy stumbled across quantum entanglement and went a bit wild hypothesising.

Sounds quite interesting, but it also sounds like fairly groundless hypothesising. They don't appear to have any actual evidence.
    Out of interest, do either of you two (Mordeth/Zillah) study neuroscience or anything similar?

No no, just well read :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

I had a dream about it so I feel pretty qualified to discuss the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

it happens to me a lot where i can control my dreams (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucid_dreams), but that thing about the people is kind of strange.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

which is more likely?

you met the guy before. somehow you found out his address. it could have been something as small as overhearing a conversation on the street. if you work in a job dealing with people e.g. bank teller, this guy could have remained in your subconscious until his info resurfaced in your dreams.

this or... you have supernatural powers and are somehow linked supernaturally with this person. this supernatural connection was first expressed in your dream. you looked him up and due to this connection he recognised you

Advertisement