Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3 red lights on 360

• 09-08-2007 9:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭

After reading all the other posts over the last 6 months, i hoped this day would never come but here it is.

was playing pro evo 6 sunday, all of a suddent the game freezed, turned of power then rebooted, the rings came on. Left it for a while, turned it on, worked - then froze again.

Does this sound common enough, or is it a different issue im having

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭00sully

AdrianII wrote:

Does this sound common enough, or is it a different issue im having

if you've read the threads from last 6 months you should know the answer! :p

send it back man, its covered under warranty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

was hoping it wasnt the bloody case

if i send it off, ill prob get the same console back around xmas - can i demand a new one if its faulty

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

AdrianII wrote:
    was hoping it wasnt the bloody case

if i send it off, ill prob get the same console back around xmas
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055130432
    AdrianII wrote:
    can i demand a new one if its faulty

Not if it's 6 months old.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭I-Bleed-White

The waiting period is only around 14 days. Who knows, you might even go outside and play a game of football to pass the time..get some colour back in your cheeks. I was dreading sending mine away for fear of what I would do. By the time it came back I had almost forgotten about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

The waiting period is only around 14 days. Who knows, you might even go outside and play a game of football to pass the time..get some colour back in your cheeks. I was dreading sending mine away for fear of what I would do. By the time it came back I had almost forgotten about it.

Its 25 working days now :(
    Mine was supposed to be 10 working days as it wasn't being repaired, just replaced, and it took 9 working days just to get to Germany :confused:
    Should have had it back yesterday, but I'll give them a few more days before calling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Mate if mine got his 360 2 weeks ago n its gone belly up.. Anyone know if he can just get a replacement from the shop... It'll be two weeks on sunday since he got it....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Qwertyboy

I'd say if you have the receipt well then you have a decent chance of a quick swap.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

unklerosco wrote:
    Mate if mine got his 360 2 weeks ago n its gone belly up.. Anyone know if he can just get a replacement from the shop... It'll be two weeks on sunday since he got it....

Absolutely. Get him to go soon though. The longer he leaves it the less chance he has. And if they won't swap it get him to ask for his money back. He shouldn't have much hassle though. Most shops know what your rights are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Just rang Xbox and complained about this being the second machine in 4 months to get the red ring error. Got passed to a supervisor who offered me a free game (Perfect Dark Zero), 3 years warranty extension and a new machine. Absolutely delighted with their service, now all thats left to do is send my prized possesion off for repair and play the waiting game!!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

The dredded day has just come for me today too. This is unbelievable I think the amount of these consoles going belly up.

Accept, in my situation it is a little more complicated. I got my Xbox around the release date. One year late, the warranty is up. I'm bored one day and I decided ( stupidly ) to open her up and just have a look at it insude, under the impression It was out of warranty. Shortly after it was opened up, MS announce its extended warranty. All is fine until now today, The 3 Rings appear! I'm so annoyed at my self for opening it up in the first place, but in a way I was under the impression it was out of warranty until they announce it a while after my 1 year was up, that they are extending it to a further 3 years.

To clarify, I opened the 360 a few months after the 1 year warranty was up, the 360 worked also for a further few months until today.

Where do I stand? I'm imagining I am screwed and will just have to buy a new console or get it repaired by MS? Help ? :o

Hj

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

HungryJoey wrote:
    The dredded day has just come for me today too. This is unbelievable I think the amount of these consoles going belly up.

Accept, in my situation it is a little more complicated. I got my Xbox around the release date. One year late, the warranty is up. I'm bored one day and I decided ( stupidly ) to open her up and just have a look at it insude, under the impression It was out of warranty. Shortly after it was opened up, MS announce its extended warranty. All is fine until now today, The 3 Rings appear! I'm so annoyed at my self for opening it up in the first place, but in a way I was under the impression it was out of warranty until they announce it a while after my 1 year was up, that they are extending it to a further 3 years.

To clarify, I opened the 360 a few months after the 1 year warranty was up, the 360 worked also for a further few months until today.

Where do I stand? I'm imagining I am screwed and will just have to buy a new console or get it repaired by MS? Help ? :o

Hj

Send it off and see what happens. Say nothing and if all goes belly up and they don't return your console sue them :).

Sure I think I'll give it a shot alright!

Hj

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭MiloFoxburr

Loads of people have sent 360's to MS after opening them with no issues. In fact I've yet to hear of anyone being told by MS that they won't fix/replace the console because it was opened

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

This is true, Microsoft have an excellent costumer support and wouldn't turn down fixing the console, very friendly and helpful. But it may take them a while to fix it, since there has been plenty of 360's getting the red ring lately...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

rrodzy2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Gizzle

DarkJager wrote:
    Just rang Xbox and complained about this being the second machine in 4 months to get the red ring error. Got passed to a supervisor who offered me a free game (Perfect Dark Zero), 3 years warranty extension and a new machine. Absolutely delighted with their service, now all thats left to do is send my prized possesion off for repair and play the waiting game!!! :)

The waiting game sucks, play hungry hungry hippos....

6 months worth of hungry hungry hippo's. That's how long I was waiting for my console to come back.

Update: I decided I had nothing to loose really since yesterday evening. I wrapped the 360 up in towels so as to insulate it and purposely make it "overheat" I switched it on, with the towels wrapped around it and left it for over an hour. Took the towels off it, power it off & powered it back on again and voilla. Its working without any issues. I've been playing all night & morning and afternoon without one glitch hasn't froze. So I will see how much longer it works for, If It goes on me I will send it to MS.

For people thinking I am mad http://youtube.com will reveal the mistery of overheating your 360 on purpose, to get rid of the rrod. In somecases it works, some cases it doesn't. In my case it did and appears to be working perfectly. I've had my console since release and its never once missed a beat until the rrod yesterday. I overheated it, it got extremely hot and I mean hot but nothing it can't handle. I'm just trying to have to avoid MS incase of my warranty issue and the lenghty repair process.

I'm well chuffed ( for now :D )

Hj

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Oman

ok i was happily playing forza 2 on my beloved 360 one bright summers evening when suddenly a MS worker came in through the window and shot my 360 20 times in the head with a shot gun and said i had to pay €600 to repair it and said it would take 12 months but he was extremely friendly about the whole ordeal and i found him very helpful. i now understand why people say MS have such a great service

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Oman wrote:
    ok i was happily playing forza 2 on my beloved 360 one bright summers evening when suddenly a MS worker came in through the window and shot my 360 20 times in the head with a shot gun and said i had to pay €600 to repair it and said it would take 12 months but he was extremely friendly about the whole ordeal and i found him very helpful. i now understand why people say MS have such a great service

Yes, because €0 = €600 and 25 days = 365 days.
    :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Oman

ok maybe i overexaggerated a little but i do have to wait 8 weeks for them to repair it, i suppose i do get a free copy of bioshock

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

:( Overexaggerated is not the word buddy. It doesn't cost a PS3 to repair something you already own :rolleyes:, it costs nothing. And if it takes 12 months to repair it, then I'm Hilary Clinton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 weed37

ok guys this is the story i got 3 rrod phoned coust service and they told me to go jump as i hacked it myself lol there is a guy in dubln who repairs all consoles just google psp repaire at google.ie and his site is the first 1 u see concole rpairs ireland he is great i bruoght it to him he fixed it in about 10 mins best 60 euro i have ever spent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

hmmm.....Weed you wouldn't just happen to be that guy would you? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

Also how did they know you "hacked" it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭junglecliff

60 yoyo and only 3 month guarantee.....?
    but states its a permanent solution.......!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,821 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

was just about to post this until i saw this thread
    Help!

Ive heard of this red-light nightmare on the 360 and apparently its happened to my four month old console. Im currently not at home but ive just got a text from one of the lads in the house that he was playing tiger woods and suddenly the console turned off and three red lights flash.

What can I do now lads? I have my receipt from when I purchased the box but that’s all. Its frozen when playing Tiger Woods twice on me before and once when playing Football Manager.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Anyone got the phone number for Microsoft handy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

Phone

Assistance by phone:
    1 800 509 186

or +353 12420758 from a mobile phone

Hearing Impaired (TTY device):
    1 800 509 197

Hours of operation:
    Monday-Friday: 09:00-22:00
    Saturday: 09:00-20:00
    Sunday: 09:00-17:00

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,821 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Thanks.

So I rang them and had to pretend I was at the xbox going through the trouble shooting. Lads informed me the light on the plug was orange and 3 of the 4 lights on the xbox were flashing red, one wasn’t any colour at all. Can’t even get the disc out of the tray.

When I told the girl on the phone the light on the plug was orange she said it sounded like a fault with the plug so they are sending me a new one. Going to take ten days to deliver I believe.

Hopefully that’s all it is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

May sound like a stupid question, but are you sure the Xbox was turned on when you checked the plug light? Reason being that it will be orange when the xbox is off and green light when its on. The freezing of the console during games and 3 red lights is exactly what happened my first one, and that was a repair.

Advertisement