Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3 red lights on 360

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,821 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

yeah I'm sure,but I got the shaggin thing to work again which mean the green light came on and the console itself is fecked. So I rang at 9 this morning again and explained the situation. I've to put the console and the console in a brown box and put these labels on it (that havent been emailed to me yet). Courrier is supposed to collect it apparently. All is to be revealed in this email, which I cant understand wasn't emailed instantly. Getting 3 years warranty too.

This is a pain in the ass. I'd rather a replacement as apposed to a repair, I think Im entitled to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭mwrf

xbox360 death here this morning.. arggghhhhhh. :mad:

phoned up and the labels are on their way.

stebishop wrote:
    xbox360 death here this morning.. arggghhhhhh. :mad:

phoned up and the labels are on their way.

got the labels now, have to arrange a collection with UPS also. This is all very inconvenient. They should have a replacement XBOX360 sent out to me on receipt my own instead of repairing it. Thats consumer rights correct?

Its happening too frequent for to just offer free(cost of phone calls etc) repair. Its not on imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭ciano1

happened to my mate the other day.......he got the 3 red lights and brought it into gamestop....he put everything except the hard drive in the box and the guy in gamestop gave him a a new premium and a new free hard drive by accident

ciano1 wrote:
    happened to my mate the other day.......he got the 3 red lights and brought it into gamestop....he put everything except the hard drive in the box and the guy in gamestop gave him a a new premium and a new free hard drive by accident

how old was your mates xbox?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Trilla wrote:
    got the labels now, have to arrange a collection with UPS also. This is all very inconvenient. They should have a replacement XBOX360 sent out to me on receipt my own instead of repairing it. Thats consumer rights correct?

Its happening too frequent for to just offer free(cost of phone calls etc) repair. Its not on imo

Microsoft are under no obligation to ever send you a new replacement, once they repair your original.
    If you think Microsofts repair system is inconvenient try buying PC parts online... :( Most manufactures will charge you shipping and are slow. And being able to arrange collection with UPS is an advantage for most people, as you can get them out whenever suits you.

Microsoft are under no obligation to ever send you a new replacement, once they repair your original.

True Microsoft arent but Im sure the shop I bought it from is. Im just curious as to if people have tried going back to point of sale first if their box is under warranty as apposed to contacting Microsoft? I'm going to ring the shop where I purchased it today and see what they have to say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Trilla wrote:
    True Microsoft arent but Im sure the shop I bought it from is. Im just curious as to if people have tried going back to point of sale first if their box is under warranty as apposed to contacting Microsoft? I'm going to ring the shop where I purchased it today and see what they have to say.

The shop is obligated to arrange the repair. Make them do the work.

The shop is obligated to arrange the repair. Make them do the work.

Too late for me, UPS are on the way to my workplace to collect the shaggin thing. Bought it in an out of town xtravision also so would be bit of an ordeal to bring it back :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

Hey fellas just a question for ye, tried to download the bioshock demo last week but noticed couldnt connect to live. Didnt think much of it til I tried it again, started to do a bit of investigating around the console and saw the wireless connector light was off, tried it in all the ports no luck in any of the usb ports.

Replaced the network adaptor with a brand new since i thought that was the problem. With the new one, the light comes on red, however when I go to connect to live still no luck. I ve done the xbox live test numerous times but when i run them, first line says "USB Wireless", second line says "Not detected", ive reset the network settings but still nothing.

xbox is only about 6 months old, should i just bring it back to smyths or do i have to go through the microsoft way?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Super, mine now freezes when playing games or trying to watch dvds. No red lights but I'm guessing it's only a matter of time.

If I contact CS will they accept it needs to be repaired even though I'm not getting the red ring of death?

Well as expected red lights. First just one, which is a general hardware failure. Error E71 although it's not a dashboard problem.

Switched it off and on and it booted, tried Guitar Hero II and it froze. Rebooted and 3 red lights. Checked what they meant by holding the sync button and pressing eject and it's code 0102 - "GPU Error, this is usually caused by a cold solder joint between the GPU and the mainboard." from http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=484726

So I'll be making a phone call on Monday to get it replaced/repaired.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

Its back

left on the 10/08 back 03/09 nearly 4 weeks

my thesis is due tomorrow as well so cant try it tonight but will on wednesday

plus got the 1 month gold subscription card :D

think its a refurbed xbox though (not the same one)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

mcgovern wrote:
    If you think Microsofts repair system is inconvenient try buying PC parts online... :( Most manufactures will charge you shipping and are slow. And being able to arrange collection with UPS is an advantage for most people, as you can get them out whenever suits you.

Yeah..this was discussed before. You can tell the shop you want a new one as you are within your rights to refuse a repair. But the shop is also within their rights to tell you that they will want to repair it first and there is very little you can do about it except take them to the small claims court and let someone else decide who is right. Most shops will look after sending it back if you insist, though it's sometimes quicker to deal with MS yourself and the shop can insist on this on the basis it does not make the repair time longer (though they never do). Of course some shops are nice about it though and will replace your 360 on the spot as long as it's under a year old or 6 months or whatever their policy is. All will replace it on the spot within 30 days. After that it's the repair by MS option unless you have a thick neck and are willing to argue with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

Hey all,

I sent my xbox away after getting the rings of death.

It was sent on July 28th. I rang MS lastnight looking for an update. They offered me a controller and a game. I asked for a lead time on the console....they said they can't say. It depends on what the service department decided to do!

Has anyone had a similar experience? It sounds serious if I have to wait on a decision from the service department!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

No, mine was gone 3 weeks, they sent a replacemnet one as they could fix the old one , great service from them, although it shouldnt have broke in the first place

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

Mine is gone nearly 6 weeks now!! ...Disaster!! If they replace it I presume that means I lose all saved data?? :mad: :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,268 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

jamieh wrote:
    Mine is gone nearly 6 weeks now!! ...Disaster!! If they replace it I presume that means I lose all saved data?? :mad: :mad:
    well you weren't supposed to send your hard drive, so as long as you didn't, you're sorted - no info is stored on the actual 360.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Sent 17/08/2007 arrived today 4/9/2007. Not bad and I've got a slip saying the motherboard was replaced, and an added heatsink has been installed. Seems to be running faster than it was before it went 3 red on me and I've recieved my free game. So quite happy for now, that is until it breaks again :(

Is that your second replacement?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Yeah second time it went bust within a month. If it breaks again, I'll be requesting that they scrap it and send me an Elite for the inconvienience :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Red rings for me now so gonna have to look into sending it off. Pain in the ass tbh.

Edit: There's a fault with the form online where you register your Xbox so I'll just call them up tomorrow.

Also, I originally got the 3 rings but am not getting 4. On xbox.com, it says that this is a video cable issue, but that's all connected ok. My question is, do they chck to make sure you have the 3 red rings or is the fact that I have four irrelevant and they'll replace it regardless?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 683 ✭✭✭JazzyJ

So I sent my box off there 2 weeks ago and the status on service.xbox.com had previously been updated to "Device received in center" or summat.

It's now changed to "No Pending Repair". I've received no emails or notifications of any sort surprise, surprise.

So is it likely the repaired/new box is on its way back to me, or are they just arsing around with it?

I'm starting to get the shakes from the withdrawal.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

JazzyJ wrote:
    So I sent my box off there 2 weeks ago and the status on service.xbox.com had previously been updated to "Device received in center" or summat.

It's now changed to "No Pending Repair". I've received no emails or notifications of any sort surprise, surprise.

So is it likely the repaired/new box is on its way back to me, or are they just arsing around with it?

I'm starting to get the shakes from the withdrawal.....

Mines the same now man. "no pending repair" plus my serial number has changed so i'm getting a refurb. That's ****e, my replacement could be a piece of crap ready to break again straight away. I might just trade up to an elite

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 683 ✭✭✭JazzyJ

Yeah my serial number hasn't changed. A status update from them would be nice. I suppose I could call support but I couldn't be arsed spending 1/2 an hour waiting on the phone...

JazzyJ wrote:
    Yeah my serial number hasn't changed. A status update from them would be nice. I suppose I could call support but I couldn't be arsed spending 1/2 an hour waiting on the phone...

I rang them, got through in 2 mins. They said it's packaged up and will be sent back after the weekend...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Stephen H

Hey my 360 got sent off about 2 weeks. Does anyone know when I should get back?

Thanks,
    Stephen H

Stephen H wrote:
    Hey my 360 got sent off about 2 weeks. Does anyone know when I should get back?

Thanks,
    Stephen H

Next week probably man... (fingers crossed!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Stephen H

I hope so too lad

• Advertisement

@ Stephen H - i just rang microsoft again and they told me it's on the way back, i asked for a tracking number. You should do the same if you're eager to know the situation

Advertisement