Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

creche & junior girl school in D1 wanted

Options
  • 09-08-2007 9:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi everyone,

I am new in the area and urgently need a recommendation on good creches in Dublin 1 area (Mountjoy Square, Summerhill, North Wall).
    Any mum can say something?
    And what about junior girls schools here?
    Grateful for any advise. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

I grew up around the North Strand and I know St Vincents is a decent pre school. It's on North William St right opposite Saint Agatha's church.

Also at the back of the girls school there is a creche which I went to many moons ago and I believe is still there. Just ask in the school about it.

edit: the girl's school goes right up to sixth class.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I teach second level in that area and can confirm the girls from North William Street are always well behaved and keen to work.
    Sadly this cannot be said for all schools in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Iorana

Hi Spurious, so do you agree that St Vincents is a decent school for a girl?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Yes I do - if I had a daughter, I would send her there. I also live in the area.

Advertisement