Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

European surfing holiday

Options
  • 09-08-2007 9:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭

How's everyone,
    Can anyone recomend anywhere in France, Spain or Portugal to go on a surfing holiday this September. We're looking for somewhere close to a fairly big town with a bit more to see and do than just surfing with restaurants, bars etc. I was thinking Biarritz or somewhere, but I want to avoid the Rugby world cup there. I wouldn't rule out driving to Normandy if there was a decent spot in North France. Otherwise it'll probably be a plane to the Iberian peninsula.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 seamunkey

Lagos, Portugal

Couple of us went to surf-experience and spent two class weeks with a couple of crazy dude's Tobe, Dave, Tobe2, Cocker and a dog called Ratty. Loads of fun, class beaches, good surf (theses guy brought us to a different spot every day depending on the surf). The night life is brilliant especially from 1a/.m till dawn :) Lagos is lovely little fishin village on algarve - more for late bars, hasn't the scummy nightclub scene ;)
    These guys do day trippers too, so if yer only passin thru there worth a visit! I've been out to them twice - second time I brought the girlfriend (should hav left her a home - as they say here in Ireland "you should never bring turf to the Bog " ;)
    Check out the surf EXP website for yourself... hope thats some help for ya - not sayin its the best spot/crew in Algarve - but most definetly der up there.
    Enjoy yer trip - sounds class :)

P.s Peniche is good too - seen a site recently, along west coast centeral !

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭silver campaign

Cheers for the reply, I'll look into it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭SideshowBob

I'm heading to the Algarve for a holiday in two weeks time and plan to do a bit of surfing while I'm there. I've been to Lagos before and it is class, well worth a few days although that was before I started surfing so I've no idea what it's like for waves.

I'll give you the low down on what I find out over there when I get back

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭littlesurfer

check out rapture surfcamps in portugal. They do a camp...lessons and accomodation. its fairly basic but they pick you up from the airport and drive you out to the best spots every day. i went last september and the waves were wicked....there's a nuts reefbreak and pretty much a surf for every level...gets my vote anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭littlesurfer

the camp is in a place called ericera....its fairly popular and theres loads of comps and stuff going on at different times!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭cue

La Torche. Brittany

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 longboardirelan

Mundaka

Advertisement