Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blown PSU

Options
  • 09-08-2007 10:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭

Just a quick one.
    Had a PSU just blow up on me -- it failed while I was at work; so when I came back, I opened up the case, turned the power back on. Blue spark came from a molex connector by the DVD drive, smell of burning plastic, now it's definitely dead.
    Anyway, the PSU is a Tagan 380W, with just under 1yr of warranty left. So if I want to do an RTM, who do I contact? (bought from Overclock.co.uk)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Chances are that when the psu blew it took something else with it. So before you do a RMA throw in a spare psu and check what else is dead. The usual components to go are mobo,cpu,ram and graphics. I dont know where you stand with getting them replaced if they are actually b0rked. But as soon as you find out you will have to contact www.overclock.co.uk through this page:
    http://overclock.co.uk/help.php?section=contactus&mode=update

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Thanks for the advice, Anti; I'll try that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

K.O.Kiki wrote:
    ...(bought from Overclock.co.uk)

yeah :rolleyes: good luck with that, you'll need it. lol. After a few days i'm sure you will just love their webnote system and having to talk to a new person everytime you want to ask a question. Also their forums are so helpful, expect to have any threads you post complaining about their support deleted immediately.

If you can try and avoid OCuk and go straight to Tagan for a replacement then i'd recommend it. I needed to return a PSU before to OCuk and after over a week of being messed around I eventually returned it to the manufacturer (Antec) who had a replacement to me within a week.

PS: Are you sure the PSU is dead? Have you tried the paperclip trick with only a fan attached to see if its still powering up.

Advertisement