Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dreaming of dying?

Options
  • 09-08-2007 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone shed any light on this?

Had a weird and not enjoyable dream last night - basically from what I remember, I had been in a car crash but survived unscathed what should have killed me. But the thing was, I had this dread that because I had survived and shouldn't have, that I had to die. I was convinced of this, and things started happening, like my tooth was chipped, and then bruises started appearing on my face, and abrasions, like what would have happened in the crash. I was really upset, and met an ex-girlfriend in the dream to tell her what was happening, she got really upset but wouldn't believe me. Then I remember being really weak, and knowing I was near the end, and starting to write letters to people I loved to read after I died. It was really getting heavy now and I didn't like it, so it seems I woke myself up from it before the end.

What the hell was that about???

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Seen any horror films or read novels like The Ruin? Such things can lead to your ruin (of your sleep)?:eek: ;) Oh, what have you been drinking? Not that water in Galway I hope? Yikes!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

No, I know it reads like the plot of a horror, but I can't stand horror movies or books, so it didn't come from that. Only water I been drinkin is bottled, you'd be mad to drink the tapwater here!! Although I don't think the tapwater would affect your dreams, you wouldn't be asleep long enough to dream before you'd be up to go to the bathroom again.... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Generally, and as far as I'm aware (I'm not a psychologist by any stretch of the imagination), dreams of death or dying relates not so much to any actual end of life (yours or anyone elses) as it does to the end of one phase and the start of another.

Are you changing jobs, schools, moving house or anything similar? The dream could signify some worry on your part that you're leaving some of yourself behind in favour of something new -- that the person you were is no longer the person you are or maybe will be in the future.

Or, it could just mean that car crashes are playing on your mind for some reason.

Advertisement