Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snakes???

Options
  • 09-08-2007 10:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I was just wondering where in dublin there is to buy sankes, iv been interested in buying one for quite some time and the only place iv come across is on the quays and that one wasnt that good....

Cheers..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭eve

I don't own any reptiles but the guys downstairs in Wackers (on Parnell St.) do seem to know their stuff. There's generally several types on view at any given time and they have signs on them saying if they are good for beginners or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 spiderlover

yeah i agree wit eve...i recommend wackers aswell....very helpful an imformative:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Reptile Haven on Fishamble Street - Ben is brilliant & will talk to you & offer advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Bond-007 wrote:
    Reptile Haven on Fishamble Street - Ben is brilliant & will talk to you & offer advice.
    Seconded :)
    I'd also recommend Boardwalk Pets along the quays southside of the Liffey.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Padjo1981

Yea I think Reptile Haven is about as good as there is out there, Ben knows his stuff inside and out

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shelli

Please don't go near Wackers, there is only one guy in there who know anything, and I dont know his name and he is rarely there these days....he is in the process of setting up a new reptile superstore to be open early next year, sounds like it will be awesome!!

But until then, there really is only one totally reliable place and thats.......wait for it..........uh huh you guessed it.........

Reptile Haven, Fishamble St.

PS. If your looking for something small and good for a beginner I can whole heartedly recommend a garter snake, was my first snake and will always hold a sepcial place in my heart, very friendly and inquisitive, good for handling, and easy to feed, eats fish. Stays relatively small too.

Anywhooo, thats my two cents, hope you find the snake your looking for, they can be really great pets!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Demonique

Yeah I agree about Whackers....

...I agree with Shelli, that is, some right clueless people in there. One week a few months ago I went in there and a guy said 'Boa constrictors go off their food in the winter' and the following week another guy said 'boa constrictors don't go off their food in the winter'.
    I wasn't impressed with the two macaws they had in there, they were both tatty looking and one definately looked ill.

Get your snake in Reptile Haven or in Boardwalk Pets. Reptile Haven is open Wednesday to Sunday, Boardwalk Pets is open 7 days/wk, but whilst you can always buy a reptile from Reptile Haven when its open, Thomas, the guy who owns the reptile department in Boardwalk Pets, isn't always there and they can only sell reptiles when he's there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭LovelyTom

Baumans in Stillorgan is brilliant! i bought my corn there and they were really helpful and seemed more interested in the health and safety of the snake than making money which was nice... they tend to have a good selection too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 reptileguy16

ben in reptile haven knows his stuff and i would recomend his livestock to anyone ive been buying reptiles out of ther since iv started the hobby 8 years ago and never had any trouble with his livestock he has sound advice PLEASE DO NOT GO NEAR WACKERS HIS ANIMALS ARE DIRT !!!!!!!! also try clondalkin pet store good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Leeby

Shelli wrote:
    Please don't go near Wackers, there is only one guy in there who know anything, and I dont know his name and he is rarely there these days....he is in the process of setting up a new reptile superstore to be open early next year, sounds like it will be awesome!!

But until then,

The new reptile place is open now as far as I know

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Vinnie K

Leeby wrote:
    The new reptile place is open now as far as I know

Is that the one they were suppose to be opening on the long mile rd??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Leeby

Is that the one they were suppose to be opening on the long mile rd??

Yeah it opened on Sunday, I haven't been out there yet but I hear it's great.

Advertisement