Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone got Setanta Sports?

• 09-08-2007 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭

I am thinking of getting setanta sports pack, Liverpool TV is starting on it in September, anyone else got it is it worth it? Will SS ireland be showing matchs as I have that already on freeview

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,040 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Never really watched it but if you're an Eircom BB customer, you can view it free (though streaming) from their website here!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭dbnavan

Not with eircom, thanks anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

They are showing 12 matches (I think) on Setanta Sports Ireland. The rest on Setanta Sports 1 or 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

I got the package last week,

should be interesting to see how their prem coverage compares to skys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

I have it and think it's worth it. They do lots of Euro footy live and plenty of other sports. The general feel of their studios, presenters, guests etc. does not live up to Sky's but that will no doubt improve and anyway when a match starts you forget about that. I can't wait for LFCTV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

They have Le Championnat aswell. But it was LFCTV that swung it for me, can't wait for it to start!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I added it (and the movies) to my package on the ntl website about 10 days ago but no sign so far. must ring them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

whats so special about LFC TV? i have MUTV, Chelsea, Celtic and Rangers TV. None of them are that good. Liverpool TV will jsut keep showin re-runs of the champs lge final and have cheesy presenters talkin about the same crap day in day out! them team channels arent all they're cracked up to be!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Ok, now that the season is only 2 days away and I've realised the Liv v Vill agame is on Setanta on sat, I am thinking about getting it for the season.

I currently have Sky satellite with all the sports channels (Sky WORLD). What kind of money am I looking at to get the Setanta added?

What channels do I get and do you have to sign up for a full year? What channel numbers are we talking about? I noticed I have ch434 that will have the Liv Vill agame, but it is blocked out.

I can't find any information on the Sky website.

Is it possible to take it for a month and then drop it and pick up again when you feel like it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

Yeah they do a monthly subscription for E18 and you can back out when ever you like.

• Advertisement

siochain wrote:
    Yeah they do a monthly subscription for E18 and you can back out when ever you like.
    Is that also available through Sky Digital and do you take it as a calendar month or could you say call them up today and say I'll take it from the 11th Aug to the 10th Sep?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 368 ✭✭wanabe

I got it too! got rid of the movie channels, they're always repeats anyway! never even knew they were adding the liverpool channel! sweet!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

yeah thats the cost through SKY digi you can sign up on their website, you will need your viewing card no. and bank details an it comes through in about half an hour (doen it yesterday evening). Don't know about the calendar month billing.

I think its cheaper for Chorus customers about 12 euro, can soem else confirm?

does anyone have a list of the matches on Setanta?

Their link is down right now

siochain wrote:
    yeah thats the cost through SKY digi you can sign up on their website, you will need your viewing card no. and bank details an it comes through in about half an hour (doen it yesterday evening). Don't know about the calendar month billing.
    do you sign up on Setanta website or skys website?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

They use SKY as their platform but I think thats as far as it goes ! They are obviously a big rival to SKY now !

http://subscribe.setanta.servecast.com/setanta/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 352 ✭✭Tonio

I have sky world + HD + Multiroom and pay €96 per month.

Recently added Setanta and once my two free months are over soon I will be paying an additional €18 per month.

Am thinking of dropping the movies (as I hardly ever watch them) saving €11 and once my 12 month multi-room contract is up next month will save a futher €15 there. So €88 per month will be my spend from October giving all premier league matches (Sky 92 + Setanta 79) including the sky ones in HD - worth it IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Well just added Setanta and am watching QPR v Fulham as we speak. Not sure about the commmentary but apart from that, well at least it's footy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Shred

Lex Luthor wrote:
    Is that also available through Sky Digital and do you take it as a calendar month or could you say call them up today and say I'll take it from the 11th Aug to the 10th Sep?

I signed up 3 or so weeks ago and was told their billing date is on the 15th of each month. You need to give them one month's notice if you want to cancel a particular month also (i.e. if I wanted to cancel September I would have to notify them before the 15th of August).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

not worth it imo..

i'm not a liverpool fan either. €240/year on top of sky's package :rolleyes:

you must be joking.. the €70/80 quid prem plus was grand.. but this is pushing the boat out too far.

setanta will now become liverpool tv and that would annoy me also.. all the biased pundits/commentary team..

• Advertisement

smemon wrote:
    setanta will now become liverpool tv and that would annoy me also.. all the biased pundits/commentary team..
    No. Setanta will have a seperate LFC channel, but still have it's usual Setanta Sports 1 & 2 with regular non-biased commentators.

Tonio wrote:
    I have sky world + HD + Multiroom and pay €96 per month.

Recently added Setanta and once my two free months are over soon I will be paying an additional €18 per month.

Am thinking of dropping the movies (as I hardly ever watch them) saving €11 and once my 12 month multi-room contract is up next month will save a futher €15 there. So €88 per month will be my spend from October giving all premier league matches (Sky 92 + Setanta 79) including the sky ones in HD - worth it IMO.
    I have Sky World and I think its €66/month. But I didn't think I could drop Movies and save €11/month? You sure this can be done?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I really wouldn't get a package because of a club channel. MUTV is a shockingly boring channels and after you watch it's good shows in about a week, it is really just boring as hell. No club channel is really interesting to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

smemon wrote:
    not worth it imo..

you must be joking.. the €70/80 quid prem plus was grand.. but this is pushing the boat out too far.

It's €18 a month. Which is €4.50 a week. Which is the price of a pint.

You can't compare it to prem plus. Would you not be interested in the German football? French, Italian, Dutch, Portuguese? They'll show 2 games a week from those leagues as well as highlight packages. Obviously there's Scottish and Irish too which I guess you wouldn't be interested in. Plus UEFA cup, champions league, european champ qualifiers. Rugby, Gaelic, Golf, Formula 1, Racing and whatever else.

All that and you only care about the 2 premiership games they'll show a week? ;) tbh, I watch Setanta a lot more than Sky these days and I can't understand those that think it's a rip off. If all you want is premiership football than of course it is a rip off. So is Sky Sports though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,344 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

smemon wrote:
    not worth it imo..

You do not need Sky Sports to watch Setanta. With Prem +, you had to have Sky Sports so you are not comparing like for like

smemon wrote:
    not worth it imo..

I think you are once again speaking from the disadvantaged position of not knowing what the hell you are on about.

Firstly, you do not need to take it for a year. There is no annual contract, you pay for the months you use and once the season is over you can cancel it if you want.

Secondly you get more for your money that you think including the golf, footy from around the world, rugby from around the world, the gaa (which I do not get in the uk without hassle), aussie rules, celtic, rangers liverpool and real madrid tv and much much more.

It would be better to compare this to skysports (alot cheaper) than to a ppv football channel that only showed a couple of games a week. And only for a tenner a month over here, less than the price of a pint a week as has already been pointed out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

And only for a tenner a month over here, less than the price of a pint a week as has already been pointed out.

I'm doing my best not to subscribe - tis a slippery slope.

Mike.

Yeh, once you stop going to the pub then it's all downhill from there.

Does anyone have a list of Prem and other Liverpool matches for the whole season? Or do Santana not yet know themselves?

I see its 15 euro, I thought it was meant to be a tenner on NTL ?

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Setanta is also starting to show quite a bit of boxing and has signed 6 and 7 fight contracts with promoters Fight Academy and Sports Network respectively , and will also be showing fights from the US .

I've subscribed to Setanta and while Setanta Ireland is fine , Setanta Sports 1/2 seem to have a very weak signal as they are messed up anything it rains(pretty much all the time at the moment) , anyone else got this problem ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Picture quality is terrible, all blocky and pixelated. Not worth paying for if you have an LCD tv.

kdjac

Very true. This is what's holding back the lads in my house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Big Ears wrote:

I've subscribed to Setanta and while Setanta Ireland is fine , Setanta Sports 1/2 seem to have a very weak signal as they are messed up anything it rains(pretty much all the time at the moment) , anyone else got this problem ?

Yep. Setanta Sports 1 is breaking up pretty horrible for me now as I watch Bolton v Newcastsle. And the picture is pretty brutal compared to what it was on SKY for Sunderland v Tottenham. It looks all kind of pixelated and a bit blurry and not fun to watch. Dissapointing really and not a good sign for this season...

Plus half the time I try and record something on SKY + it gets messed up on Setanta.

nice goal by n'zogbia though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Its excellent on the little crt tv in the kitchen but on the HD tv its like watching PPlive and making it full screen.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

I'm having no problem with the picture at all but my complint is the high camera angle, they'd want to sort that out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭Brando_ie

I lost 20 or so minutes of the first half (so far) with 'no signal' and the problem was isolated to Setanta S1 & 2 (no problems with other Sky channels). Lashed of a pis-sed of email to them as it cant hurt to have problems on the record. Seriously between two stools on Setanta currently and a similar problem during the Pool match may well lead to the shortest subscription in history. :mad:

EDIT: Lost 15 minutes at the end of the first half and the subsequent Liverpool goal.... bravo

Double C wrote:
    I'm having no problem with the picture at all but my complint is the high camera angle, they'd want to sort that out.

Surely they would have no control over where the camera gantry is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

I've lost signal completely from all the Setanta channels which I just subscribed too this morning, saw some of the Celtic match so it _was_ working, i'll race you for the shortest subscription ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭garrettod

Im certainly not impressed with them

They've failed to deliver on their recent promotion for me, which they ran in conjunction with Adidas

They've failed to help when we've phoned them, several times now ... even leaving messages for some guy who is a senior marketing guy at Setanta or something, who has not got the good manners to even return the call

Their office has no one taking calls on Saturdays, or outside of M-F office hours ...

Anyone else here having the same problem ?

(if so, you might find these contact details for Setanta useful - although your best to call to their offices as Im going to do next, me thinks !)

Setanta Sports Dublin
    George’s Quay House
    43 Townsend Street
    Dublin 2,
    Ireland
    Email:
    setanta.irl@setanta.com
    customerservices@setanta.com

Phone: (01)4748000

One thing for sure, I'll quickly be telling LFC what I think of thier broadcasting partner if this continues ... just hope I don't end up having to go through LFC's new phone system for ticketing etc ;):D

Thanks,

G.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

same happened a friend earlier - lost setanta 1 and 2 for a while and quality was brutal anyway..

mind you any bit of rain and his sky always freezes or fecks up :rolleyes: but the other sky channels were grand..

glad i didn't shell out for it now :) i'll take my pint down the pub thank you very much :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Whenever I have problems with Setanta, I give them a call. Some unknown wizardry on their part, and everything is ok again.

If you have problems, don't waste your time with an e-mail, just give them a ring.

Is this a Sky platform issue only?

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

mike65 wrote:
    Is this a Sky platform issue only?

Mike.

I'm on NTL and it looks pretty bad, very hard to describe but it looks like they recorded it and are playing it sbout 6 mins behind like a grainy divx

Hmmmm, that subscription can wait a while I think.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

KdjaCL wrote:
    Picture quality is terrible, all blocky and pixelated. Not worth paying for if you have an LCD tv.

kdjac

I'm watching the Villa - Pool game on NTL at the mo on a pretty decent LCD and the picture is crystal so no complaints here. I think its a case of different strokes for different folks.

I like Jon Champion as a commentator too, have been listening to him since his days on 5 Live :)

Also great to see Setanta keeping with the "retro" score style in the top left instead of SKY who tried to be cool by dragging the score to the bottom left...what a headwreck :mad:

Not everybody is a SKY lover if this article is anything to go by !

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/article.php?id=3272429

Sizzler wrote:
    Not everybody is a SKY lover if this article is anything to go by !

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/article.php?id=3272429

I go with sad bastard.

Just watched the Liverpool game on my LCD and the picture was fine. A bit fuzzy but it's only really noticeable if you're sitting right in front f the screen and it always will be a bit fuzzy cos it's not displayed on HD.

I was happy with the quality of the match, had no problems but that may be down to me being in the Uk, not sure if the quality is better due to the feed or whatnot. The postmatch interview was rubbish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Dark Clouds formed during the Liverpool game and Setanta went.......then a monsoon came and my whole Sky went .

I'm gonna keep what Raskolnikov has said in mind for Joe Calzaghe's fight with Mikkel Kessler , if I miss that because of some rain I'll be canceling my Setanta straight away .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

The liverpool match wasn't on the Setanta channel that comes free with the basic NTL package?

Stupid Setanta, website just said the match was 'live on Setanta'.:mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement