Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone got Setanta Sports?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

The-Rigger wrote:
    The liverpool match wasn't on the Setanta channel that comes free with the basic NTL package?

Stupid Setanta, website just said the match was 'live on Setanta'.:mad:

It was live on Setanta, if you have been reading the fliers coming thru the door from NTL the last few mths you will see that only 9 games this season will be on the 'free' channel, the rest are on Setanta 1 which you have to pay for. You can hardly be annoyed over that :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

The-Rigger wrote:
    Stupid Setanta, website just said the match was 'live on Setanta'.:mad:

Stupid you more like :rolleyes:. It was no secret that it was being shown on Setanta Sports 1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,344 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

I watched the Celtic game earlier and a bit of the EPL game. Both of them looked absolutely fine to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

During the rain, the picture went on me too, so I removed the card and went down to me mam's and watched there. I'll have to get the dish realigned at home apparently. That pisses me off - just to access the Setanta channels. I've no problems with any others. It's surely a problem that Setanta foresaw? According to posters on the satellite forum the Eurobird transponder they use is a cheaper option for them but the channels on it are the first to go in adverse weather unless the dish is perfectly alligned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Does anyone know more on that Dunnes deodorant 2 months free deal ?

Also worth noting that Setanta will be showing the whole Rugby World Cup and Magners League Rugby :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭garrettod

Hi mate

If it's the adidas promotion, it's over I'm afraid .. thats the one that Setanta have continued to mess me about on & I know a couple of others from other boards who also got the run around ....

me thinks smemon has the right idea, spend your dosh down the pub when you want to watch a match, not with setanta !

Thanks,

G.

Think I'll wait a while, and get it for 1 month and see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

zabbo wrote:
    Also worth noting that Setanta will be showing the whole Rugby World Cup

So will ITV, which is free.

RWC and ITV don't go well together, their last outing was a shambles, that and it will be spread over a few of their channels, which are annoying to access.

At least they signed Sky's commentary team :)

• Advertisement

garrettod wrote:

me thinks smemon has the right idea, spend your dosh down the pub when you want to watch a match, not with setanta !

True and the same can be said of Sky Sports

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

True and the same can be said of Sky Sports
    Especially with this on the cards!

Presumably prices here are going up too :confused:

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/business/story/0,,2146840,00.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭garrettod

Well

One thing with Sky, they sure are reliable ... every year around September time, they push the prices up :(

(see the footnote under the table of prices ! http://www.sky.com/portal/site/ireland/products/packages/costs )

Having said that, I do think their service is very good, along with their customer support ... although getting way to pricy now, without them adding more decent channels and content.

Thanks,

G.

garrettod wrote:

along with their customer support ..

Customer support.. like them only giving out a premium contact telephone number for their customers to phone thereby making even more cash. Passing you to another section to give you a grilling if you, as the customer, wanted to reduce your package

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

Setanta Ireland and NASN seem fine most of the time, its Setanta 1 and 2 that go out on me if theres as much as a cloud in the sky. Yeah, I need to re-point my dish, which frankly as its working fine unless in very extreme weather for all other channels, I think I'll pass on. Will keep this till after the Toulouse game on Wed, if I get to see that I _might_ hold onto this for a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

My Setanta 1 is still very bad today. Anyone elses like this?

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,593 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

mine is perfect, sorry!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

basquille wrote:
    Never really watched it but if you're an Eircom BB customer, you can view it free (though streaming) from their website here!
    Anybody know if you can watch the United vs Pompey game like this? There's no listings on the website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Anybody know if you can watch the United vs Pompey game like this? There's no listings on the website.
    Mine is perfect aswell I have to say.

The Man U match isnt on tv tonight Im afraid. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 985 ✭✭✭APM

Can any of the Setanta subscribers on Sky Digital only tell me how much they are actually paying?

I wanted to sub last weekend but was told there is a €10 registration fee.And if I decide to cancel after 2 months and re-sub again 2 months later I will be charged the €10 registration fee again.

All I can find on the website is €18 a month. No mention of any extras.

Cheers

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

yeah it's €18pm on the Sky digital platform and €15 on UPC(ntl and chorus)

The €10 registration is a once off payment which has to be paid each time you subscribe on satellite only.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭The Rooster

APM wrote:
    Can any of the Setanta subscribers on Sky Digital only tell me how much they are actually paying?

I wanted to sub last weekend but was told there is a €10 registration fee.And if I decide to cancel after 2 months and re-sub again 2 months later I will be charged the €10 registration fee again.

All I can find on the website is €18 a month. No mention of any extras.

Cheers
    I subscribed via the Setanta website. Didnt pay any €10 registration fee AFAIR.

Advertisement