Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mutate a player

• 09-08-2007 11:33am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭

This sort of idea may have been done in other genres but I think with footballers you could get good results.
    The idea is to mix 2 players attributes together so you form some sort of mutant player.
    For instance - Peter Donna. a mix of Peter Crouch's body and Maradonna' skill. It would be like trying to play against Mr. Fantastic from the fantastic 4.
    Or how about Craig Barton? a mix of Joey Barton and Craig Bellamy... probably the angriest player you could ever create.

anyone else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

how bout Wayne Chadwick - a wayne rooney and luke chadwick lovechild - quite possibly the ugliest player in history

or Steve McClaren a mixture of Steve Staunton and steve McClaren - could there be a more clueless manager out there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭jobonar

Cristiano Ronaldo & Kaka

Cristiano Kaka! now there's a player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Allesandro Maldini

The best defender in the world easily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Pele Maldini. One of the worlds best forwards who could do a decent job at the back too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Zinedine Cruyff.

Marco van Nistelrooy.

Diego Platini.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Dirk Rooney - Ugliest player ever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

Arsene Cox

Say it fast

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Roy Scholes

would undoubtably be the best midfielder of all time.

PHB wrote:
    Roy Scholes

would undoubtably be the best midfielder of all time.

Not sure about that!

Only thing that can't be doubted there is that they would be sent off more than any other player!

I don't know, Scholes is just terible at tackling, it's not that he's particuarly vicous :) Most of his yellows come from mis-timing it rather than evil :) Personally I find his inability to tackle after all these years quite endearing :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

PHB wrote:
    I don't know, Scholes is just terible at tackling, it's not that he's particuarly vicous :) Most of his yellows come from mis-timing it rather than evil :) Personally I find his inability to tackle after all these years quite endearing :)
    Bugs me to hear people say that about Scholes. Yes he mistimes his tackles, but he's also a very dirty tackler.

I'm by no means disputing that he's a great midfielder and will go down as a legend of the game, but some of his tackling is downright nasty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

Kieran Bowyer - he'd kick the crap out of himself

Wouldn't be overly sure about that either!

Endearing/Hilarious - least we are NEARLY in agreement, the Roma game was hilarious, after he picked up his first yellow, i would've put my house on him being sent off!

Alonso should've knocked his ginger ass out at last seasons game in Anfield!

(god i sound like i'm turning into some sort of bad rapper!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,066 ✭✭✭BKtje

Zinedine Kilbane ... need i say more ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

B-K-DzR wrote:

ha! yeah he'd get by loads of players but then just run over the goal line with the ball and make a stupid face

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭Revelation Joe

Only thing that can't be doubted there is that they would be sent off more than any other player!

I think that honour would go to Vinnie Dicks :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,081 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Bruce Fashanu

You'd know the result before every match kicked off!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Obafemi Senderos.

The mix of a ninja and sasquach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

I agree with Roy Scholes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

yom 1 wrote:

or Steve McClaren a mixture of Steve Staunton and steve McClaren - could there be a more clueless manager out there
    comedy genius

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

What are the attributes you look for in a central midfielder? Put Pirlo and Gattuso together and they come out tops in all of them. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,081 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Momo Le Tissier.

Basically just normal le Tiss but with Sissoko's ridiculous fitness and energy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭NotWormBoy

Titus Traore...

Still, he'd probably get his game at Newcastle...

B-K-DzR wrote:

We have a clear winner, but after that...
    ~Rebel~ wrote:
    Momo Le Tissier.
    Basically just normal le Tiss but with Sissoko's ridiculous fitness and energy!

Now that's an interesting combination. I'd go with Micheal Le Tisser for Essien energy as I've heard stories about how after matches he goes for 3 hour runs cause he's got too much energy.

Essien probably goes around kicking kittens after games too to burn off some of that energy. Don't like him.

Good player though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Pele Scheichel.

Make a great save, then run the pitch and score!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,915 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Djibril Heskey, the fans in row z going to be taking powerdrives straight to the face. Also gets picked for England/France for some reason.

Advertisement