Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Academic Calendar

Options
  • 09-08-2007 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi ,
    Does anybody know when the term starts, mid - terms etc???
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Merrick

Well, as far as I know those of us who aren't just starting are going back on 11th September if that helps!
    Do you know when you have to register yet? I can't really remember how things went when I started...

Edit: Aha, according to the websites academic calendar which is here...:

http://ww2.dkit.ie/content/view/full/4410/month/9/year/2007

...reg starts on the 3rd Sept, we get a study week starting on 29th Oct, another study week from 10th -14th Dec, and Christmas exams the week after...
    And that is the rest of this year according to the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 elderlymidwife

cheers for that !
    when you register is it only show up and pay etc ??
    Im not due to finish work until the 7th!!

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Merrick

You have to bring a form to the bank to pay, again I can't remember exactly what I did with that, sorry I can't help more!
    Basically with reg you go to get your picture for your student ID, get a load of free stuff, and are shown where to go on your first day.
    Good luck with it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

you will get a letter from dkit saying the exact date and time of your registration along with the giro that you have to bring to a bank get it paid and stamped you bring this with you to registration.

the registration date and time is different depending on the subject you are doing, you will have to q up and wait to get your details processed and your picture taken, there are tours around the college and talks and stuff but to be honest i found them to be completely useless

Advertisement