Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't get excited about Bioshock

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Ya its bull**** >_<

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

motion sickness eh?

stupid crackdown did that to me and i had to stop playing it.

stupid bioshock.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

I am amazed at how quickly this thread backlashed twice.

First it was about people not interested in the game.

Then the 360 demo hits and the reviews pour in and everyone is super stoked about the game.

Then the PC demo hits and suddenly two problems pop up.

the first is such a minor stupid complaint that I am shocked that I have actually read threads where people are refusing the buy the game until its fixed.

The other while yes is a much more serious issue i dont feel its enough to cause such a large backlash against the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    I am amazed at how quickly this thread backlashed twice.

First it was about people not interested in the game.

Then the 360 demo hits and the reviews pour in and everyone is super stoked about the game.

Then the PC demo hits and suddenly two problems pop up.

the first is such a minor stupid complaint that I am shocked that I have actually read threads where people are refusing the buy the game until its fixed.

The other while yes is a much more serious issue i dont feel its enough to cause such a large backlash against the game.

Was only thinking the same myself. I really cant believe everyone is so up in arms over this widescreen thing. Has everyone forgoten that its gameplay that matters and this game seems to have it bundles.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

People will always find reason to have a whine. Espically when they get the chance to say how non-comformist they are in explicitly not buying the current game of the moment. You have to be truely hardkore to do that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Still, you have to admit it would be extremely unprofessional for a developer not to include proper widescreen support.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

tuxy wrote:
    Still, you have to admit it would be extremely unprofessional for a developer not to include proper widescreen support.
    If anything they didn't include proper 4:3 support

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

Ciaran500 wrote:
    If anything they didn't include proper 4:3 support

you my good man are just being stubborn

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Nope, just know I'm right ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

For those who believe that there's no problem with the 2-install limit, that everything works rosy as long as you uninstall first, a senior associate editor at PC Gamer (US) has found differently.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Gizzle

Holy fart, are we still going on about the widescreen thing? Let's get cyclical. Can't get excited about Bioshock.

Gizzle wrote:
    Holy fart, are we still going on about the widescreen thing? Let's get cyclical. Can't get excited about Bioshock.

Bit of an ironic thread title. Lots of people seem to be very excited about it - just not in a good way

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

MOH wrote:
    For those who believe that there's no problem with the 2-install limit, that everything works rosy as long as you uninstall first, a senior associate editor at PC Gamer (US) has found differently.

For a game that had so much fan hype the 2k dev muppets sure went out of their way to screw themselves over. Not only is PC version of Bioshock getting alot of bad feedback over insane amounts of crashing ,but this copyright protection makes Starforce look like a gift from god :p

Sad thing is any copy protection just means it takes a day longer for the game to be pirated lol.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

The only thing that really pisses me off about this is that if, somehow, i dont get my uninstall credits when uninstalling it, i have to call 2k/securom, spending my own money on an international call, just to get something that i already paid.

Anyway, i'm still buying it tomorrow. This whole widescreen/activation thing has been a sour note in the life of Bioshock, but i still cant wait for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

It's 44.99 for the PC version in Game Dawson Street, a tenner less than anywhere else I checked, amazingly, so if you don't give an arse about a widescreen issue that you never would have noticed had it not been pointed out to you and you felt like a good whinge, that's the cheapest place thus far.

It's 44.99 for the PC version in Game Dawson Street, a tenner less than anywhere else I checked, amazingly, so if you don't give an arse about a widescreen issue that you never would have noticed had it not been pointed out to you and you felt like a good whinge, that's the cheapest place thus far.

Only about 38 online though, if you can wait a few days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

MOH wrote:
    Only about 38 online though, if you can wait a few days.

Not a chance, been waiting for this for about two years :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭joe_chicken

Nice one TwoSheds... saves me a walk :)

I'll be getting it there in about 2 hours.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Wheres Dawson street? In relation to Henry st or Grafton st (which is about the sum of my Dublin knowledge). Also, do they have the CE there?

I'll be buying this in about 2hrs, and playing it in about 4hrs. Oh god i cant wait!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

The collectors edition with the little tinman is only 49.99 in Gamestop..I picked mine up in Galway...and didn't preorder :D

Kiith wrote:
    Wheres Dawson street? In relation to Henry st or Grafton st (which is about the sum of my Dublin knowledge). Also, do they have the CE there?

I'll be buying this in about 2hrs, and playing it in about 4hrs. Oh god i cant wait!

Parallel to Grafton St. On the left if you're facing the direction of Stephens Green.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

All I can say is :) X 10

Have to take a break because I haven't eaten anything

koneko wrote:
    All I can say is :) X 10

Have to take a break because I haven't eaten anything

And you shall SAY NO MORE!!!! *slams fist*

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Played around 3 hours last night and it is very, very good indeed.
    Those Big Daddies are tough ******* (insert chosen obscenity here).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

This game completely delivers on its hype. There's nothing I don't like about it! Only taking a break cos my eyes hurt! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

alls well that ends well I guess

Now lets move on to killing some little girls and stealing their adam :D this game is so wrong.... :rolleyes:

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

In fairness to 2K, they have responded pretty quickly to the 2 issues people having been harping on about and publicly congratulated the guy who made the FOV tweak. They are even sending him a new Nvidea 8800 to boot.

Who says publishers are all evil?

I guess they did but I still don't like the idea of a game installing a rootkit on my pc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

MooseJam wrote:
    I guess they did but I still don't like the idea of a game installing a rootkit on my pc

You're not gonna quit are you?

Just don't buy it! I'm sure they won't notice it in their sales

Advertisement