Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't get excited about Bioshock

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭joe_chicken

• Registered Users Posts: 54,362 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

many people getting the pc version?

i have a xbox 360 but i couldnt be bothered paying around 70 euro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

many people getting the pc version?

i have a xbox 360 but i couldnt be bothered paying around 70 euro

I have both but will be getting PC version due to the limitations with the 360 controller in comparison to the superior Mouse\Keyboard combo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

Ah, this is the game I am buying a 360 for.* Would prefer to play on PC but I can't be arsed spending a grand on a new pc. And I think this thread should be in Personal Issues, if you can't get excited about Bioshock then you must have 'issues'. ;)

*Plus Mass Effect, Alan Wake, RE5 and JSRF.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

That's a nice trailer.

So, er, how's the game then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

MOH wrote:
    Huh? I got it working in about 15 mins after a bit of googling.

<5 here:D

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭DingChavez

Heh, The guy that gives you your missions is Irish.

Pretty good, I'll play it again when less tired... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

DingChavez wrote:
    Heh, The guy that gives you your missions is Irish.
    Cool, in most games they just have some guy with a dodgy Irish accent for the Irish guy. But if the person is really Irish then finally a real Irish accent in a game. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

tuxy wrote:
    Cool, in most games they just have some guy with a dodgy Irish accent for the Irish guy. But if the person is really Irish then finally a real Irish accent in a game. :)

was your one in Viva Pinata Irish??

• Advertisement
  • Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Eurogamer have reviewed it.

10/10.
    ...to have any shred of doubt surrounding BioShock comprehensively swept away within the first ten minutes, well, you feel like dancing. You want to tell people about this game who you know won't even care,...

...Bioshock doesn't just meet your expectations, but completely redefines them forever in ways you never even expected ...
    http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=81479

Excited yet?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Maximilian wrote:
    Excited yet?

August 27th...but i want it now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

Still haven't decided whether I'm going to get this on the 360 or the pc. I had been leaning towards the pc for the last week or so but I find I never play my pc games properly. Only played about an hour of stalker.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,900 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Kiith wrote:
    August 27th...but i want it now :(
    When was the date changed? Seems odd they'd release it on a monday.

I though it was to be released Friday 24th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Played the demo again as I originally didn't see the fuss about it first time around. Still don't see why people are going nuts over this, but its a solid FPS so I'll be picking it up.

Tauren wrote:
    I though it was to be released Friday 24th.
    Oh ya, three days earlier then i expected.
    DarkJager wrote:
    Played the demo again as I originally didn't see the fuss about it first time around. Still don't see why people are going nuts over this, but its a solid FPS so I'll be picking it up.
    Its a well made FPS, with great voice acting, great AI, great scripted sequences, great graphics, and great atmosphere...what not to like? (Plus its getting between 90% and 100% in every single review :rolleyes: )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Vegeta wrote:
    was your one in Viva Pinata Irish??

Yeh she is,

I went to school with her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Kiith wrote:
    Oh ya, three days earlier then i expected.

Its a well made FPS, with great voice acting, great AI, great scripted sequences, great graphics, and great atmosphere...what not to like? (Plus its getting between 90% and 100% in every single review :rolleyes: )

Shadow of the collosus got good reviews as well and it was the biggest pile of boring **** I've ever played in my life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

DarkJager wrote:
    Shadow of the collosus got good reviews as well and it was the biggest pile of boring **** I've ever played in my life.

whats it feel like to have no soul?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

DarkJager wrote:

Shadow Of the Colossus is one of the defining titles of the last generation.

It's the only reason i haven't binned my ps2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Colossus was such a superb game, and one of the best games of this decade so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

eurogamer gave the game 10/10

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Heres a good synopsis with videos clips of most of the reviews of this game atm. Everyone of them is glowing. Bring on the PC demo :D

Review-Round-up-BioShock/

DarkJager wrote:
    Shadow of the Collosus got great reviews, and rightfully so. Its the best game on the PS2 (still havent played Okami :o). I loved every minute of it, and anyone who says otherwise is wrong wrong wrong. Totally wrong.

Bioshock will be brilliant. End of story, done, finito, kaput, bought the farm, take a hike...i can go on.

I've been playing games since Vic-20 days and I honestly don't remember any game - ever - getting such universally high praise and review scores. Truly amazing games this good come around once every few years but games like this one are probably more like once a decade. I remember feeling empty as a gamer after completing games like System Shock 2 many years ago because I knew it would be a long time before something like that came around again.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Kiith wrote:
    Shadow of the Collosus got great reviews, and rightfully so. Its the best game on the PS2 (still havent played Okami :o). I loved every minute of it, and anyone who says otherwise is wrong wrong wrong. Totally wrong.

Well, it is a great game, and the design is first rate, but I do think it is a little overhyped. My main issue was with the repetition in the later stages. I thought it felt more like a compilation of excellent moments than a full fledged game. I still prefer Ico, but I do think SotC is a game everyone should play, despite it's numerous flaws - just to witness the scale and technical achievement (frame rate issues aside ;)). Okami is great too - probably not the best game on the console, but probably the most epic, and of course the best art design.

As for these reviews, I am not reading them for fear of spoilers, but the scores are making me twitch. Never has 8 days seemed like such a long time to wait for a game :(

Ya, i've also never played ICO...i'll get my coat :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

1UP's review is going up later today apparantly (their afternoon), so check there tonight. Looks like the embargo on reviews is gone early because of the broken streetdate.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

Started playing the full game last night and it's awesome. Totally enjoyable and good story line so far.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭JCDenton

Worthy of buying an X Box for?

Advertisement