Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't get excited about Bioshock

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Gamespot
    9/10

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

this is out for the 360 on thursday right?

Friday 24th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Just played the pc demo. It's short and sweat. Seems to be a fairly straight forward shooter, but a good one. Looking forward to playing the full thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Anyone who is playing a pirate version of this angers me. This game needs to sell. If it doesn't, I shall lose faith in the gaming community.
    You better buy it when it comes out on Friday, ye scurvy pirates ye! *shakes fist*

Oh it'll sell alright, don't you worry. The teens will be all like :eek: when they read all the reviews on the game sites and will run straight out to buy it. I'm buying the Collector's Edition hopefully and the only reason is to sit my Big Daddy figure on my desk in work. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭eggplantman

Its going to be better on the 360

Its going to be better on the 360

orly? Care to back that statement up somehow?

kyub wrote:
    the controls are simple better graphics and gameplay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

kyub wrote:

Heh, that's not how the Egg works. You just gotta trust him.

Ya, Rly.

the controls are simple better graphics and gameplay

Care to back up this statement then?

• Advertisement

tuxy wrote:
    Care to back up this statement then?
    i have played it on both the 360 and the pc and the xbox is far superior because of it simple controls and also no lag if you can not see it better on the xbox you are crazy:p

i have played it on both the 360 and the pc and the xbox is far superior because of it simple controls and also no lag if you can not see it better on the xbox you are crazy:p

The controls for the pc are standard fps controls. The vast majority of pc gamers will be familiar with them. Aiming with a mouse is easier.
    However there is an option on the pc version to plug in an xbox controller and use that.

And of course the game won't run good on an old pc. But it wont run at all on an old (original) xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Yes, because you pwn teh technical prowess with king mastadon skilz like yo momma be whippin dat ass wiv teh gameboiiz an teh noo graffix

Packetloss will eventually claim you all.

tuxy wrote:
    The controls for the pc are standard fps controls. The vast majority of pc gamers will be familiar with them. Aiming with a mouse is easier.
    However there is an option on the pc version to plug in an xbox controller and use that.

And of course the game won't run good on an old pc. But it wont run at all on an old (original) xbox.
    my pc is new.I got a new graphics card more ram but it still laged and it obviously would not work on an old xbox because it coming out on the 360 but i am sure they could of made for the old xbox.

SyxPak wrote:
    Yes, because you pwn teh technical prowess with king mastadon skilz like yo momma be whippin dat ass wiv teh gameboiiz an teh noo graffix

Packetloss will eventually claim you all.
    and who are you?

My pc is 14 months old and the demo ran flawlessly.

intel e6600, 2gb ram, x1800xt :confused:

In fact since you were talking about lag you must have played some weird multilayer version that I have not heard of yet. By "lag" are you saying the netcode is buggy?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

console vs. pc debate :D

tuxy wrote:
    My pc is 14 months old and the demo ran flawlessly.

intel e6600, 2gb ram, x1800xt :confused:

In fact since you were talking about lag you must have played some weird multilayer version that I have not heard of yet. By "lag" are you saying the netcode is buggy?
    yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Oh dear.

We've lost him. Time of death, 03:27.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭joe_chicken

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

This is so retarded.

I was 7 hours into the 360 version on having tried the PC demo i am going to stop until Friday when i pick up the PC version,

On Vista with DirectX 10 this game looks simply stunning.

It looks much better than the 360 version.

And the controls are a lot nicer too.

Ignore him, he was trolling the Nintendo board too.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

That'll do nicely thank you very much.

I <3 unrestricted broadband in work :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Oh ya, got me a half day on Friday. Gonne be playing this all weekend.

Although i'll probably be really drunk on Saturday night, and after playing this all day Friday and Saturday, I can see me going a bit crazy again (like the time i thought i had to go and meet the Jedi at the landing pad after leaving the night club...with my girlfriend...seriously) :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Unfortunately it doesn't get released until 9 p.m. on Friday evening our time. I'd preload it myself otherwise, but I want to be playing this sucker at 6.45 when i get in from work :)

Hadn't spotted this myself as they advertise this as "play the moment it is released". I got on to their support and asked them to confirm it is 9 p.m. which imo is false advertising. I said if 9 pm was correct I wanted a refund. Today they gave me a refund saying that it is not policy but as a one time gesture they would do it. Which means "we cannot give you the game the moment it is released so to cover our arses we are refunding you".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

Looks like a few people got the game 'early' on Direct2Drive and got more than they bargained for:

http://kotaku.com/gaming/i-am-the-law/ign-brings-hammer-down-on-bioshock-queue-jumpers-291604.php

Looks like a few people got the game 'early' on Direct2Drive and got more than they bargained for:

http://kotaku.com/gaming/i-am-the-law/ign-brings-hammer-down-on-bioshock-queue-jumpers-291604.php

Wow, when I read that at first I was thinking "not very savvy" on IGN's behalf. In fairness though, if they let people use Direct2Drive and put all these policies in place, it would be a very bad move for them to let people get away with this sort of thing and not come down on them like a ton of bricks.

So I say fair play to IGN. They basically just scared most people into not trying this sort of crap with their service again.Oh, and LOLLERSKATES! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shatners basoon

Kiith wrote:
    Although i'll probably be really drunk on Saturday night, and after playing this all day Friday and Saturday, I can see me going a bit crazy again (like the time i thought i had to go and meet the Jedi at the landing pad after leaving the night club...with my girlfriend...seriously) :(

As long as you don't go trying to kill some little girl who is with her large father or anything i'd say you'll be fine... make sure not to bring a wrench out with you either just to be safe!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Gizzle

As long as you don't go trying to kill some little girl who is with her large father or anything i'd say you'll be fine... make sure not to bring a wrench out with you either just to be safe!

Please! In the civilised world, we call it HARVESTING...

• Advertisement

If you download the EGM Live podcast this week ship over the first boring 40 minutes ( :rolleyes: ).
    Shoe has some very nice things to say about the game. EGM score will no doubt be 10 / 10 / 10 (he said "10++").

Advertisement