Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gamestop trade ins

Options
  • 09-08-2007 11:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭

do gamestop take in games without instruction booklets if they dont is there any other places that do? i know game and smyths dont

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭tombren

i traded in a couple last week without books and boxes

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Game take games without the booklets, you just get less for them. Game only won't take a game back if the game has no box/barcode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭killyoutodeath

really last time i tried they dident let me the person was very arragant though
    ill try trade in some in gamestop tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

course they were arrogant,they work in game,dont you know they are the be all and end all of gamers in the world? they look upon us mere mortals with our lives and girlfriends and laugh,laugh i say! their mighty achievments on world of warcraft will cement their names into the history books!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Hey I work in Game and am not at all high and mighty and have never played wow.

• Advertisement

krudler wrote:
    course they were arrogant,they work in game,dont you know they are the be all and end all of gamers in the world? they look upon us mere mortals with our lives and girlfriends and laugh,laugh i say! their mighty achievments on world of warcraft will cement their names into the history books!
    lol, thats me alright. You obviously don't know some of the staff. Not saying all of them aren't like that though...

im not saying there all arrogant but im going to trade some in today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

ive honestly never had any trouble with staff in game but Xtra-Game is a different story, i wont get into that though

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I always thought the Game staff were very polite and insightful.

*Reganio and Zapp, PM me to discuss my discounts.

On a serious note, Xtravision defo take them as i bought F1 for PS3 and it came without a booklet.

Mikeyt086 wrote:
    I always thought the Game staff were very polite and insightful.

*Reganio and Zapp, PM me to discuss my discounts.

On a serious note, Xtravision defo take them as i bought F1 for PS3 and it came without a booklet.
    insightful? Do we muse about the meaning of games? :p

• Advertisement

ok im not trading anything in game anymore i trade in a ps2 and everything with it i got 35 euro i see a game deal second hand ps2 70 euro wtf biggest robbers ever no offence to anyone who works there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

So you weren't happy with the price but still accepted it?! You know you can say no if you don't like the quoted price.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

krudler wrote:

I cant safely say, out of all the people in the GAME i work in, none of us play WOW or anything of the sort. now well if you had have said "high and mighty and king of pro evo" then that could be a description of me :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

Attol wrote:
    So you weren't happy with the price but still accepted it?! You know you can say no if you don't like the quoted price.

I hate doing that.....still do it all the time though :D
    both xtravision and gamestop dundalk give ye very dirty looks if ye do that, or ask for the price of something and dont buy it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

You'd rather get what you see is a raw deal in case of getting a dirty look? Heh. Shop around you silly people! No point losing out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

i do......just hate the dirty looks :D

Advertisement