Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lazer tag / Q-zar game in Munster?

Options
  • 09-08-2007 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭

does anyone know if there is currently anywhere doing a lazer-tag or q-zar type game in Limerick / Kerry / Cork area? Cant find anything on google.

You know the game where they give you a lazer gun, lazer-sensative 'armour' and let you loose in a large room / warehouse and the red team shoots the blue team.....that sort of thing.

I want to bring my sons on a day out, and they are too young for paintball .........

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I'm not sure if Leisureplex in Cork have it but you could try??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

You can count Limerick out anyway the one we had here closed down a few years ago now

• Registered Users Posts: 11,004 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Leisureplex in Cork have one. They may have recently moved to the latest version called Quasar Elite. The armour has been made slightly smaller and lighter so it's more suitable for children.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

thanks guys. I will look into Leasureplex in Cork. I also found ref to Leisureworld in Ennis that does something very simular.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Froot

FYI the Leisureplex in Cork is a f*cking joke.

I have never had a good experience with their staff or equipment. Obviously they have some good points I am sure but I would stay as far away from them as humanly possible knowing what I know.

I hope they enjoy the Quasar :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

just to report back...........

we went to Leasure World in Ennis last week and had a couple of very nice games of Qzar there. The boys convinced me (not much effort required!) to go for a 2nd game straight after the first..... so that means they enjoyed it right? ha ha ha The equipment seemed good (only body armour and gun.... i was expecting a helmet for some reason) and the darkened room was well layed out with loads of twists & turns, high ground, sniper windows and some long straight sections too. I thought there would be 2 bases where you had to attack the enemies base and destroy it, but there wasnt. Its just shoot the other guy whenever you see him! The glow in the dark art-work is great! (lots of 2000AD characters that I recognised from years gone by)

some info: you need a min of 6 to start a game, but with the weather so bad (and schools still off on hols) its easy to join in any ongoing game.

*TIP* bring a change of shirt, as it gets warm. Esp if you may play a 2nd game! ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭drdoon

I don't even know when this thread was or if you still do laser tag. But I did see that there is a outdoor lasr tag place in Clare. Well opening or open I'm not too sure. They are called Ultimate ptromotions. Think they do a few different things. check them out :pac:

Advertisement