Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The U600 is just weird

• 09-08-2007 12:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭

Just got a u600 on upgarde after a w810i ...and after all my fones i can clearly say the w810i is the best ever.

the u600 looks snazzy , but it has only 1 manky theme and you can only choose colour (black or white) and doesnt support new themes!

The t9 txt input, they tried to rip off sonyericsson but they made a balls of it! ...for example when you speel a word and you want to change it to something else, you press DOWN to scroll to the next word ... the weird thing is, after a few times when you type a word again and want to change it, you will need to press UP to change it insetaed of down!!! WTF

and the most infuriating thing is that when you spell a word and proceed but then want to go back and change it, you cant just select the word and change it .. like you can on sony by just underlining it .. you have to delete the whole word and spell it again ... and if you want to change it then you have to guess whether you need to press UP or DOWN!

And the worst of all worst , when receiving a long txt , it doesnt show it all in one txt!!! ... you receive the first half of the txt .. then the fone blends it in with an old message (so you have 1 message with the 1st half of the new msg and the 2nd half of an old msg i received 2 days ago, which confuses the crap outta me) and then when you finally receive the 2 nd half of the new long txt - the first half just disappears from the inbox and youre left with a few question marks and the 2nd half of the message wondering what the first half said!!!!!???????

RANT OVER!!:mad: :mad:

anybody else have this fone?? I feel like smashing it against a wall

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I don't like Samsung's phones, I must say. I wouldn't be getting one myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭DonFred

Was thinking of getting it, but apart from txting, what about other feature of the phone ie the camera, music player etc.I also have the W810i and its the best I had so far. Just fancy a change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

DonFred wrote:
    Was thinking of getting it, but apart from txting, what about other feature of the phone ie the camera, music player etc.I also have the W810i and its the best I had so far. Just fancy a change.

rest of the fone is good,

the music player is more simplified than sony's walkman , but i actually prefer it.

Camera quality is better but just as fiddly to use as the sony.

Only other criticism is the touch sensitive buttons .... they wrok fine but i always touch them and end up ringin people by mistake when sliding the fone up / down ... the only other way to do it is by pushing the screen ...but that in turn leaves smears.

Advertisement