Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who is playing Drogheda this Saturday?

• 09-08-2007 12:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭

I want to play the 300 game there this Saturday but since there hasn't really been any talk about it I'm worried there won't be many playing. Anyone know what sort of numbers are expected?

Also I'm looking for directions to the club as I don't know Drogheda and can anyone recommend where I should stay?

Nicky.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

NickyOD wrote:
    can anyone recommend where I should stay?

Just win the fecking thing and drive home afterwards. Im 50/50 at the minute. Id like to play it but...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭HeeHawsCantona

I'm probably going to play this. I've never left the place before 7.30am any time I've been there so is there any need to get accommodation?
    There's been about 4 tables the last couple of months but it goes on until 4-5ish.
    The club is down a lane off Shop St (to the right hand side if you are walking up Shop St from the river). I think there are directions on the clubs website
    http://www.droghedapokerclub.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

Looking for a place to stay because I don't plan on playing the cash games (yet) and I don't have a car (yet) :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭rx8

If you want to stay in Drogheda, then the D hotel is very nice,and very close.
    It's only 3 minutes walk from the club and they were doing a special rate when you mentioned the Drogheda Poker Club.
    Check out "thedhotel.com"
    oops appears to be full on saturday night!

Booked into a B&B on the North Road.

Next Question. How far is the North road from the club? :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Shortstack

North road is not too far from the club, about a 10 minute walk.

Walk back towards town and when you get to the traffic lights turn left into west street. Walk all the way along until you get to the crossroads at the end and take a right. There is a big church on the left, go down the lane just before it and the club is 150 yds along.

There will be 35-55 players I reckon. Expecting a decent crowd from the North.

Cool. Thanks Mike. See you there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭semibluff

Seems a good buzz about this weekends tournie. Cant play myself, Gaa match, but hopefully they get a good showing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

I shall be donating, have not played this in the last 5 months so really looking forward to it, i think the switch to a Saturday is much better and should increase numbers over the next few months. A tourney structure like this should be pulling 80+ players each month

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Jayminator

I shall be donating.

Donal never knew you played for Dublin with that big thick accent on ya
    (playing Gaa match yeah right)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭semibluff

dublin? theres more to gaa than going to croker to watch dublin lose. gota win a game for St. Patricks, north louth, and make sure we remain undefeated in the championship. (backed us heavy last game at 1-4 , we won by 13 points-some easy gambling in local gaa)

but with your dead money in the field Jay, id nearly feign an injury . . .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 438 ✭✭Jools Poker

nicky there's an online satellite for it tonight at 9 on gjp...dunno if there'll be enough runners but trying to get a bit of interest going now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Macspower

last minute decision.... I'll be there... many thanks to Mike for last minute arrangements

I look forward to crushing all of you at this tourney today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Jayminator

Donal gambling on local GAA fixtures.. Such a degenerate. Ur right about the dead money though

I know some of you but others only by name... Come and say hello..... So I can boast here after I take ye out!!!

Casulties already include

HJ
    Jauyminator
    Rounders123
    Yours Truly

Casulties already include

HJ
    Jauyminator
    Rounders123
    Yours Truly

Add me to the list after I pushed from the BB in a limped pot on the blind for 12bb's..... A9 called me and I found 93o..... and despite flopping an o/e I'm heading home...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Gillybean72

How many turned up?

16 left on the secdond break. 5 get paid. 34 starters.

I busted rounders earlier. I call a bet with 77 on K-5-4 flop. 7 on turn. He shoves with K-5. I'm such a hee haaaaw.

• Advertisement

Solskjaer, Joe O'Neill and Niall Murphy top 3 in chips with 40k ish each.

best of luck to all still left in....

as a matter of interest anyone else notice... I wasn't involved in any of the hands but the table ethquette left a lot to be desired by some at my table......

7 left, Nicky out in 8th - AJ vs Joe's 55. Niall has 125k, Joe 70k. Only 274k in play.

Niall is a machine with his walkman, could make history tonight in taking this down for a third time tonight and he has the game to do it

1st Joe O'Neill €3800
    2nd Brian Magee €2600
    3rd Niall Murphy €1600
    4th Willie Clynes €1100
    5th Frank McCormack €600
    6th Mal Dawson €500

nice touch joe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭smurph

Gone in 10th with a horrendously played hand. I had Niall "the poet" Murphy in my small blind for ages, and ages and he kept call my preflop raised and betting out on the flop, all of which I missed. I have about 16K and raise to 2.5K with Ac10c, on the button, utg (short stack) goes all in for 1,800, the poet calls from the BB,which leaves 1.4K in side pot.

Flop comes down Js 10s 2s, the poet bets 3k, I made the decision that he has none and re-pot to 9k, he says the horribly word "all in". yuck, I call for my last couple of grand. He turns over As4s for the nuts.

It was horrible. I got an Ace on the turn to give me a slim hope but no miracle. To be honost i didn't think that he would be out with a made flush, but he owned me in the whole hand.

I played pretty shi*t the whole night to be honost, limping alot, but the table was that kind of table, limping was not punished so I adjusted to it.

Ah well, at least I wasn't first gone this month and I made the dinner break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Niall is a machine with his walkman, could make history tonight in taking this down for a third time tonight and he has the game to do it

He is some man for one man.

If that man buys an IPOD, he would win the WSOP.

The carry on of the Poet at this was ridiculous. He was locked at the FT and when 3 handed and first to act in a HU pot with Joe he took ages to act - as in 15 or so minutes. Eventually Joe got so pissed off that he moved all in out of turn and fecked off for a cup of tea asking to be given a shout if he was still in for the next hand. Now some will prolly say that Joes actions were equally as bad - I disagree and at the time it looked like the only way to move the game on.

Poet went from monster chip leader at 3 handed to finishing in 3rd - the guy who eventually finished 2nd had 4 BB's when the above pot was taking place.

That said he was a welcome addition to the cash game - he tried to bluff every hand!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

The carry on of the Poet at this was ridiculous. He was locked at the FT and when 3 handed and first to act in a HU pot with Joe he took ages to act - as in 15 or so minutes. !!

A few questions.....

15 mins?! Really? Why didn't anyone call a clock?

Does Joe O'Neill have anything to do with the running of the club?

The-Rigger wrote:
    15 mins?! Really? Why didn't anyone call a clock? ?

Joe maintains it was closer to 20mins. I dont know why somebody didnt call clock. On a number of occasions Joe continually asked him to act but i think he may just have been too drunk to comprehend his own actions.
    The-Rigger wrote:
    Does Joe O'Neill have anything to do with the running of the club?

I understand that Joe is half owner of the club. He had nothing to do with this tournament though and was there in a player only capacity. GJP run this tourney.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭smurph

Joe maintains it was closer to 20mins. I dont know why somebody didnt call clock. On a number of occasions Joe continually asked him to act but i think he may just have been too drunk to comprehend his own actions.

I understand that Joe is half owner of the club. He had nothing to do with this tournament though and was there in a player only capacity. GJP run this tourney.

Unfortunately I played the player with my exit hand, instead of playing my cards. this was a serious error on my behalf and eventually cost me a final table. You live and learn I guess.

It was about 7/8 mins and Joe was given a warning for his actions, if he did it again he would get a 20 min penalty away from the table.

Nobody wanted to call a clock on Niall out of respect I guess but Joe should have called clock rather than do what he did. I did stop the clock during most of the long hands at the request of the players rather than them calling clock on Niall.

Whether Joe is involved in the club is irrellevant as he plays no part in running GJP events held there and I would have made the same decision whoever did it.

Advertisement