Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3 Ireland

• 09-08-2007 1:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

I want to get the nokia 6280 from 3 on pay as you go, however i have heard that there are some software probs with it. I'm still willing to risk it, however can I have it replaced with a different model (which is the same price, 129 euro) if I encounter problems with it???

Also has anyone got the nokia 6280 from 3, do you know if a usb cable is supplied with it, it doesn't say on the 3 website.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭AlanD

I have one of these phones from 3 on bill pay.

Nice phone I must say, but the build quality is poor enough. If it falls, back casing falls off but camera lens cover also falls off. A bit of glue saw to that though! Dust gets in around the screen too. I still like the phone though and 3g reception on it is pretty good when video calling.

Have had no software issues with mine to date (8 months).

Go for it if it's what you want!

3 software is restrictive though....can't install gmail app on it! grrrr :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

AlanD wrote:
    I have one of these phones from 3 on bill pay.

Nice phone I must say, but the build quality is poor enough. If it falls, back casing falls off but camera lens cover also falls off. A bit of glue saw to that though! Dust gets in around the screen too. I still like the phone though and 3g reception on it is pretty good when video calling.

Have had no software issues with mine to date (8 months).

Go for it if it's what you want!

3 software is restrictive though....can't install gmail app on it! grrrr :mad:
    You should be able to install the Gmail app on the phone. Unless it can't handle java ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

The 6280 comes with a USB cable. In fact, every phone I've had with 3 has come with a USB cable.

I have never tried to install a Java app on the 6280, but Gmail installs just fine on my Sony Ericsson I got from 3. I would be extraordinarily surprised if it didn't work on the 6280 because of 3 as 3 want to be able to sell Java games.

The 6280 is a bit glitchy in the ol' software department, but you can get firmware upgrades for free from your local Nokia Service Centre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Hey, peteballagh, did you get the 6280 if not STAY AWAY, it's rubbish!!!!!
    The 6288 has been released in 3 Stores (not sure about carfone warehouse or others) apperantly this is less likely to fall apart (software wise!!) on you.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

I got it free with a upgrade, technically its preety good I guess but I still hate it, it never sends multimedia messages right among other things like it can be so slow, battery life is top notch only reason I use it over my V3X (which can't last 24hours)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Get the Sony E. K610i it's only €99 with €100 credit on 3pay - a no brainer - but I say again STAY AWAY FROM THE 6280!!!!!
    Or the z610i (I was just on their website LOL) looks nice (in black)!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

Walkman wrote:
    Get the Sony E. K610i it's only €99 with €100 credit on 3pay - a no brainer - but I say again STAY AWAY FROM THE 6280!!!!!
    Or the z610i (I was just on their website LOL) looks nice (in black)!!

Disagree, the 6280 with latest firmware is very stable and good battery life

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

The K610i is a pretty crap phone compared to the nokias. The browsing experience on it reminded me of the early wap phones excpet now with colour graphics. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

The K610i is a pretty crap phone compared to the nokias. The browsing experience on it reminded me of the early wap phones excpet now with colour graphics. :eek:
    I'd say most built-in web browsers are pretty crap. That's why we have the wonder of Opera Mini to brighten up our browsing experience.

Advertisement