Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paint ceiling in converted Garage

Options
  • 09-08-2007 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭

Hi all

I'm trying to paint the celing in opur converted garage. The paint keeps peeling off. It was painted before directly onto the plasterboard.

The room does not feel or seem damp. It has been heated since before we bought the house 6 years ago.

I've tried the ready to roll plate in case it would work. It basically bubbled up and didn't bind to the ceiling.

Is there anthing I can do other that getting someone in to skim the ceiling?

Any advise would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Mark

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭northdublin

try polybonding the ceiling. its a mixture of pva glue and water that you can make yourself. it should seal the plaster board and give the paint some purchase, also if painting onto bare plaster water down the emulsion

Advertisement