Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Insurance cost vs Your Job

Options
  • 09-08-2007 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭

OK Ladies & Gents,

I have heard tales before about insurance companies use your job description to calculate part of your quote (as well as make & model of car etc.)

After seeing this article..............http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30100-1279206,00.html

It got me thinking, does anyone (maybe an insurance employee ;) ) know what the most cost effective job descriptions are when getting quotes for car insurance?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭TomMc

Sedentary jobs are best. White-collar/professional types like solicitors, accountants etc.

Jockeys, DJ's, Journalists are meant to be bad ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I have been reliably told before that the "Office Clert" job description is supposed to have a quite low risk insurance calibration, as opposed to "Bookmaker" which is supposed to be quite high.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Makes me wonder what way they would look at a race driver, say Alonso or one of those guys wanted to get insurance?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Onkle wrote:
    Makes me wonder what way they would look at a race driver, say Alonso or one of those guys wanted to get insurance?

With the salaries those guys are earning and what they can afford to drive/own, I don't think they are too concerned about how much the insurance costs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

The drivers least likely to make insurance claims include a police officer driving a Skoda living in Inverness, Scotland, and a female assistant teacher driving a Saab living in Perth, also north of the border.

Hahahahaha ... IT WAS YOUR FAULT... PLUS THERES A BAG OF SNOW IN YOUR BOOT

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

bazz26 wrote:
    With the salaries those guys are earning and what they can afford to drive/own, I don't think they are too concerned about how much the insurance costs.

I know that, it'd be just interesting to know what way insurance companies would look at them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭TomMc

I'd say racing drivers or people who do trackdays are probably amongst the more safer (civilised) drivers on public roads. Apart from having more car control, they get their buzz on the track. Boy racers unfortunately don't, so feel the need to prove themselves on the highway or indeed car parks.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭White Knight

"Supervisor" is on most lists of employment statuses these days. No need to say what industry you are in .. and how can a "supervisor" not be responsible?! :p

Advertisement