Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any news on new meteor phones?

• 09-08-2007 1:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭

Heya all,

I asked about a month ago if anyone knew if there were any new meteor phones due to be release on billpay, just wondering if anyone knew any more at this stage?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Zwartsj

yeah kinda wanting to know the same thing.

i want to get the E50 but not available from Meteor. now according to the guy behind the counter in the Dundrum shop its going to be available soon but does not have a time or date yet so me guess its not in the next week or 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭storka

Was contacting Meteor about roaming so decided to ask them the same thing about the E65 which is in their latest catalogue and here's their answer which I presume applies to all their new phones!

I have contacted our stores regarding your query as to when they will stock the Nokia E65. They are expecting to receive the hand-set in the near future but can give no exact time-frame. It should be within the next two months. I would advise you to pop into your local store at regular intervals or perhaps give them a call.

So basically they don't know!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭tw0nk

Storka, im also waiting for the E65, I wonder whats taking them so long to get them? I presume they must have loads of current handsets remaining in stores or something and they have to sell them before they can order more... I dont know what Legend in meteors phone ordering dept decided to get some of the phones they have in stock at the moment, surely a bonus in store for him :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Anyone know whether they will be offering the k800? o2 & vodafone both have it for circa 250 on payg. I know its a 3g phone but they could still offer it without 3g surely?

Thats a problem I think with meteor, since they dont currently have 3g , they dont supply many 3g capable phones, and most new phones that companies are producing are 3g phones, so meteor customers miss out on the new phones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

The Motorola Z6 is in stores now. I know it's a Motorola, but it's pretty much the K1 in a different shell, and the K1 was a pretty decent phone, reliability wise.

I will never ever ever buy a motorola, absolutely terrible UI, rubbish keys etc, and about as functional as a brick with "phone" spraypainted on it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭ablelocks

tw0nk wrote:
    Thats a problem I think with meteor, since they dont currently have 3g , they dont supply many 3g capable phones, and most new phones that companies are producing are 3g phones, so meteor customers miss out on the new phones.

and if meteor doesn't get it's act together, then customers will switch!

I was told before by someone in the retail store that they're the last to find out about new phones being introduced...

I blame eircells takeover :D

ah no seriously though, i suppose its hard for them to justify getting 3G phones that cost a lot and that they have to subsidise , especially to the bosses there

What's the point in Meteor shelling out for more expensive 3G phones that don't suit the network? I bet we'll see loads of great phones once the 3G network is up and running.

tw0nk, I hate Motorola as much as anyone but the Z6 has a new UI and isn't half bad. I feel dirty saying that :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

chrislad wrote:
    What's the point in Meteor shelling out for more expensive 3G phones that don't suit the network? I bet we'll see loads of great phones once the 3G network is up and running.

tw0nk, I hate Motorola as much as anyone but the Z6 has a new UI and isn't half bad. I feel dirty saying that :)
    Wash out your mouth sir.

Motorola deserve the reputation they have with such recent nightmares as the V3i/x/xx/xxxxxxxx and L6/7, but they didn't do too shabby with this. Find me someone who hates their K1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

@tw0nk, you give motorola too much credit with your brick statement. Bricks are one of the most useful inventions of all time. I think its safe to say motorolas aren't.

@chrislad, i know that the 3g cant be used on meteor right now but the vast majority of decent phones are now 3g. Not stocking them because one of their multitude of features can't be used on the network is just bad business imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,942 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Zwartsj wrote:
    yeah kinda wanting to know the same thing.

i want to get the E50 but not available from Meteor. now according to the guy behind the counter in the Dundrum shop its going to be available soon but does not have a time or date yet so me guess its not in the next week or 2

According to their website it's available under business phones

@chrislad, i know that the 3g cant be used on meteor right now but the vast majority of decent phones are now 3g. Not stocking them because one of their multitude of features can't be used on the network is just bad business imo.

I'm sure they've researched that, and I can assure you from my own experience, what most people want is a basic phone. We, my friend, are in the minority with our gizmos with wi-fi, mp3 players and breakfast makers :)

If Meteor felt that not having 3G phones would hurt their business, I'd suspect they'd have them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

TBH I couldn't give a fiddlers about 3G but I don't want a "basic" phone either - I want a good (at least 3.2) camera with flash (xenon not LED) I want MP3, video playback (avi, MP4 NOT crappy 3GPP) and that's about it really - not too much to ask for but guess what - there's not one phone in Meteor's range that offers these features

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

Having spent a good number of months working in a phone shop, its only the rare customer who wants a phone that can do everything. man i loved those customers, so enthusiastic.

Most of the market wants a phone that can text and make phone calls, has a basic phone book, and maybe takes little pictures if the owner is under twenty. Granny phones are just too damned popular :'(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

meteor have that samsung u600 ncce enough phone but other newer networks have two/three/four similarly featured phones to chose from not just one dreary looking flimsy lightweight

Advertisement