Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Reina wins Barclays Golden Gloves for the Second Year in a Row

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

I saw that last night, but wasn't sure if it merited its own thread ( i miss the superthread :()

Fair play to him. Sure he has made a few mistakes, but name me a goalkeeper who hasn't?
    Goalkeepers will always make mistakes, the important thing is how they bounce back from them - he had a nightmare at the start of the season, but showed the mental strenght to come back and have a great season, incl major saves on the road to the CL final (and also the penos of course!)

definately in the top 3 goalies in the League and still young too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Well deserved TBH. Him keeping the clean sheets with torres sticking a couple extra should certainly put the pool in the mix for this year.

Him being young could be the main reason that Carson ends up leaving, there is no way that he will want to hang on not getting a game. Barring injury Carson really will not get a look in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,426 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I can understand him getting it gor the season gone, as Lehman and Van Der Saar were kinda poor, and Cech got injured, but i still don't get how he won it above van der Saar or Cech for the previous season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Tauren wrote:
    I can understand him getting it gor the season gone, as Lehman and Van Der Saar were kinda poor, and Cech got injured, but i still don't get how he won it above van der Saar or Cech for the previous season.
    That was the year of the Liverpool shutout, where we didnt conceed for around 10 games. The Golden Gloves are given for clean-sheets.

That was the year of the Liverpool shutout, where we didnt conceed for around 10 games. The Golden Gloves are given for clean-sheets.
    oh well then it makes sense. Appologies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

David James anyone?

Read zapps second post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Him being young could be the main reason that Carson ends up leaving, there is no way that he will want to hang on not getting a game. Barring injury Carson really will not get a look in.

Heard on the radio at lunchtime that Carson maybe on his way to Villa on loan for the season.
    Said somethin about the keeper at Lens going to Liverpool and this would pave the way for Carson to go out on loan to improve his England chances.

In fairness to Carson, i think he is a good goalie, but there is a massive difference between being in goal for Charlton and for Liverpool.

Permanently called into action for Charlton where at Liverpool he might have nothing to do for 70 minutes! He has hardly impressed when given a chance at Liverpool either - been at fault for quite a few goals!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,081 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

This deal suits everyone really.

In fairness to Reina if he keeps his current level and continues to improve (as most keepers do), he could be among the very best in the world in a few years, he's not too far off it now even. Im not sure Carson is ever gonna get a real chance to displace him unless Reina at some point wants to move back to Spain or something..

• Advertisement

DeadSkin wrote:
    Heard on the radio at lunchtime that Carson maybe on his way to Villa on loan for the season.
    Said somethin about the keeper at Lens going to Liverpool and this would pave the way for Carson to go out on loan to improve his England chances.
    I thought liverpool were against the loan system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,081 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Tauren wrote:
    I thought liverpool were against the loan system.
    I think Rafa is against it for loans to Prem clubs. But since the rules allow it it would be pretty stupid to not avail of them and send Carson off to a Championship or foreign side just to make a point. Cutting of ones nose to spite their face..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I always thought the Golden Gloves should be for fewest goals concedded, not most clean sheets, but I guess it covers for injuries and stuff this way.

Advertisement