Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Perfume/aftershave

• 09-08-2007 2:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 582 ✭✭✭

Had a conversation the other day with a friend about perfumes and aftershaves (she was dragging me around duty free trying to choose one) and we were talking about how certain aftershaves on men make us go weak at the knees and how certain perfumes have made men go weak at the knees.
    So what what scent would the object of your affection wear to get ur attention?
    For me, it would be issey miyake for men...works every time!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭girloperfection

CK one is gorgeous. My boyfriend has started wearing Jean Paul Gaultier, its nice aswell but not as nice as CK one!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 daydreamerlotus

My all time favorite is boss bottled - hugo boss, it was the first bottle of aftershave I ever bought my boyf, still makes me go weak at the knees when he wears it! His fav on me is chanel no 5, also one of my all time favorite!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Any woman wearing Parfums Del Rae Bois de Paradis does it for me *drools*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭cold_filter

Tommy Hilfiger Athletics a good woody type smell, i think they've stopped making it and the last bottle i got i had to order in from the states!!

Armani have about 3 but 1 in particulare i like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭( . )( . )

my g/f loves Jean Paul Gaultier "Le Male", so much so she buys it for me :D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

I prefer the natural scent of my husband, does it for me every time :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

Ck1 definately on a guy, Hugo boss is yum as well!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭( . )( . )

CathyMoran wrote:
    yeah?, were can i buy it? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Acqua di Gio for men, mmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

issey miyake mmmmmmmmm gorge

polo sport i just love

Aqua di Gio for women is lovely too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Do issey miyake do a womens perfume too or is it a unisex one ye're on about?

Personally the girlie Hugo Boss gets my attention everytime.

What does anyone think of any of these: "Extreme" by Paul Smith, Fahrenheit by Christian Dior, Black XS by Paco Rabane (sp?) , Hugo Boss Edition. They're all sitting on my shelf and I've never heard anyone say they like them... should I think about mixing them all together and seeing if they magically turn into some issey miyake? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

I would highly recommend Chanel Allure Sport for the lads to wear...... since i got its alarming how many ppl have commented on it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Orlee wrote:
    Aqua di Gio for women is lovely too

That's the one I wear, was kinda funny actually cos other half wears the men's version.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Elli-May

Fierce from Abercrombie and Fitch mmm

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Buttons_sb

For guys i love Abercrombie 'fierce'

For girls I love Hollister 'Malaia' i wear it every day
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

There was me thinkin i was a bit of an expert on the Smellies....never heard of one or two of the ones mentioned so far.

I love Men's Grey LAcoste. Jean PAul Gaultier. and Carolina Herrera 212.

My fave perfume is PAul Smith Floral or Girls but i dunno if blokes like it.

I love any Man Smellies though....If a Bloke goes past me with any spray on i'm like a little freak sniffing the sair after him. lol.
    oh...LAds...step away from the Joop. Its Rank.

If anyone gets the Chance...smell Sarah Jessica Parkers new one. Covet. its lovely....smells the EXACT same as some other one and it wrecked my head all day Sat trying to figure it out. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Lola123

Aqua di gio for men is lovely too. mmm

I wear a few different types depending on my mood. Current faves are dolce & gabanna - the one, stella mccartney- in two, armani black code and very irrististable givenchy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

CathyMoran wrote:
    :rolleyes:

Advertisement