Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Velux Wndow Blind

Options
  • 09-08-2007 2:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭

Hi,

I live in an attic conversion with a velux window in it, unfortunately there is no window blind and I really need to get one as it's impossible to sleep beyone 6am these days with the light streaming in to the room. Anyone know someplace in Dublin I can go to in order to sort this problem out as cheaply as possible?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭db

Most blinds shops will sell them but you can get exactly the same online. Do a search in google to find the Irish supplier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 mich_law

velux have a show room in clonshaugh industrial estate
    their number is 018161600

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭sesswhat

plenty of info and an online shop at their website

• Registered Users Posts: 12,523 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Make sure you open the window first and take down the codes on the labels as they are standard sizes e.g. M02 etc. Then you just go and order the blind in any blind shop, woodies, atlantic homecare etc. They all seem to be standard pricing unless a sale is on.
    You want a blackout blind and be prepared to pay, a biggish velux might cost you 130 for the blind.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Have one on my Velux window, they are a great job, :D

the propper velux blind and I got it in a local blind shop with some other blinds.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

http://www.b4i.ie ,quick delivery.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Hmm, must check that site out myself, looking for M08 blinds myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

Chadwicks or Grange Builders providers in Baldoyle will also source them for u if not ex stock

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭denismac

_Brian_ wrote:
    http://www.b4i.ie ,quick delivery.

Heres another one.

http://www.itzala.net/ie/shop/!cipc4.shop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

denismac wrote:

How do they compare to velux blinds ? ,do they fit as easy ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

denismac wrote:
    Good prices there alright, though I've already ordered Velux blinds from b4i.

I would also be interested in how these itzala compare with Velux blinds, as I'll have other rooms with Velux windows too that will need blinds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 APlain

http://www.b4i.ie sell "genuine Velux blinds", i.e. the blinds are made by Velux and are of good quality. Watch out for the term "blinds for velux windows" in other online shops as they are made by a third party and so the quaility of fittings and fabric is anyone's guess. I think ww.b4i.ie have the best prices for genuine Velux blinds.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭denismac

_Brian_ wrote:
    How do they compare to velux blinds ? ,do they fit as easy ?

I ordered from these people (based in Hungary) and the order went missing. DHL said it was delivered (but not to me). When I made my complaint another order was sent immediately and I received it a few days later (today). I installed it in 5 minutes. Seems a good job. My original pair of velux blackout blinds packed in after 5 and 7 years and they can't be fixed so if I get as long out of these I'll be happy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 annmo

Just (August 09) bought two blackout blinds from Itzala.ie. Could not be more pleased. They are actual Velux manufacture - and fit MO8 windows. They were air freighted quickly. Easily fitted - but do read the Velux instructions carefully before taking anything apart. If they are faulty seems you send a phot and they replace without you having to return the faulty blinds. Helpful Customer Services 10/10.

Advertisement