Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nerve Centre

Options
  • 09-08-2007 2:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

So with 6 full days to go, what subject are you wrecking your panties/jocks over???

I am dreading the english and business

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Lucas10101

I'm dreading nothing, I've done brilliant in everything, so it's a matter of how brilliant, not worry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 jackjack555

oh someones cocky!! make sure and tell me what you get because with that attitude you're a 600 man

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 43 toastomatic

Biology! God, that was scary. I worked at it and thought I'd do quite well and so I did honours, but I'm not even sure I passed. But hopefully will have done ok nearly everywhere and done quite well in music which was my favourite subject...if I'd picked more subjects that I'd had any aptitude for whatsoever, I might've done better though.

The whole thing has my heart broke! Utterly miserable this last 3 years! Am so full of regrets! But why worry anymore, its bloody done now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Business and Physics.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

ha im basically screwed for the whole lot! cant wait to see how badly history and biology went! and chemistry! oh and english too... then irish and french didnt go to well either...

well i know i passed maths! thats somethin at least! the more i think about the results the more hope disappears! :(

• Advertisement

The whole thing has my heart broke! Utterly miserable this last 3 years! Am so full of regrets! But why worry anymore, its bloody done now...

Yeah, the last two years have been a bit sh1t in my experience tbh.
    Here's hoping things will get a little bit better from now on.

*crosses fingers*
    Well it did suck in the suckiest of all manners.... but 6 days and we can put it all behind us...ok 11, maybe what with CAO. Less than a month, anywho. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭nick23

Naikon wrote:
    Business and Physics.

Business? I didnt think it was an exceptionally difficult exam

****ting it about Physics, maths and german to a certain extent.

Luckily there's always alcohol to either drown my sorrows or celebrate!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

It's more a question of have I managed to get French up to a C1 and did anything else get a C (screwed if they did). Everything else should b1 B1/B2 and hopefully History A1 and Irish A2, but maybe Irish got the B1...dunno :/

STILL 6 days!! I'm going slowly insane..

nick23 wrote:
    Business? I didnt think it was an exceptionally difficult exam

****ting it about Physics, maths and german to a certain extent.

Luckily there's always alcohol to either drown my sorrows or celebrate!

Well, I just feel I didn't do myself justice in the Business exam.
    This after a nice B2 in the fairly difficult mock paper our class got.
    I might have done better than I thought though.
    Physics was real nasty though in comparison to Business.
    Have to wait and see;)

• Advertisement

I heard physics was an awful, awful paper. We were expecting something sorta easy after last years paper (though our teacher did say in fairness, last years was the first proper honours paper they'd given and they might continue in that direction.)
    But we thought that considering the governments trying to encourage more people into science, that the paper would be milder.
    Just glad I went for pass. Liked physics but was no good at it....hehe.

Naikon im in total agreement with you about not doing myself justice in business - was hoping for a1 after a2 in mock heres hoping for a REALLY easy marking scheme

heres hoping for a REALLY easy marking scheme

Hopefully it will be a half decent marking scheme.
    The thing is though, Business can be kind hard to predict in terms of the
    grade department.
    The marking scheme(2006) states that the Examiner has the ability to award answers on their on merits, and that the marking scheme isn't the only assessment tool.
    Not 100% sure though.

Id say maths (hon) paper 2 shot down hopes of an a1...which sucks!!

You know people told me to do business because "You can just scribble your exam number on the paper and they'll give you a B"

LIES!! LIES!! LIES!!!
    I couldn't hack it, actually. I gave it up...

I heard physics was an awful, awful paper. We were expecting something sorta easy after last years paper (though our teacher did say in fairness, last years was the first proper honours paper they'd given and they might continue in that direction.)
    But we thought that considering the governments trying to encourage more people into science, that the paper would be milder.
    Just glad I went for pass. Liked physics but was no good at it....hehe.

I like Physics to an extent too.
    Electricity and Light/sound were quite interesting, but Mechanics/quantum physics bored me a bit.

I don't however like LC physics too much(definitions,pure bs theory etc).
    This book is a godsend for explaining physics concepts to people like me who appreciate physics to an extent, yet don't need a PhD in it.
    I learned more with this book than in the LC course!:

http://www.amazon.com/Physics-Made-Simple-Broadway-Books/dp/0767917014/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/104-9300221-5727949?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1186676613&sr=1-1

You know people told me to do business because "You can just scribble your exam number on the paper and they'll give you a B"

LIES!! LIES!! LIES!!!
    I couldn't hack it, actually. I gave it up...

I like Business and find it handy, but the crap they teach in LC business is laughable tbh.
    They need to tone down the learning off by rote a bit.
    Everyone uses Business tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

I think at different stages in the summer, I've though 'bollocks, I messed up there' for each of the subject. At the moment, History and English're worrying me. I reckon my essay for English was awful, however, if I can make that up with a pretty good paper 2, I'm not quite sure yet. History was just a bitch and am only relying on it if I don't get a distinction in LCVP.

Seems like a fun book, specially if it has humorous illustrations. Or illustations in general, I'd love to have something to do with them.

Physics was good craic. I liked doing the experiments. Learning the course off was something else altogether! So it wasnt one of my best.

True yeah, I have a good grasp of how things work in businesses, I follow the stocks and everything off the news, its the "learning things off and putting them down on paper bit" i couldnt do.

I think at different stages in the summer, I've though 'bollocks, I messed up there' for each of the subject. At the moment, History and English're worrying me. I reckon my essay for English was awful, however, if I can make that up with a pretty good paper 2, I'm not quite sure yet. History was just a bitch and am only relying on it if I don't get a distinction in LCVP.

Finishing history was the high point of the LC so far:D
    Mind you, I dropped to Pass on the day.
    They will have to go easy on people for that joke of a paper.
    Whoever set the Higher physics paper is a right git:mad:

• Advertisement

Junior cert history was lovely. Why'd they have to make it 4 essays on the one day for leaving? Feckin' torture!! I mean way to put people off!
    Pass looked alright. I dunno though, I didn't do history.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Well, 3 and half. That paper could not have suited my topics better, and if they go easy on the marking scheme because everybody else hated it, A1 could be possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Well, 3 and half. That paper could not have suited my topics better, and if they go easy on the marking scheme because everybody else hated it, A1 could be possible.

My physics tests went alrite because i expected to do crap!

All the nuclear stuff came up which was poirfect, still will be happy with a C2 or there abouts come Wednesday:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

Junior cert history was lovely. Why'd they have to make it 4 essays on the one day for leaving? Feckin' torture!! I mean way to put people off!
    Pass looked alright. I dunno though, I didn't do history.
    You're in the wrong forum, but only for a couple more weeks. Then you've got two, nice long years ahead of you as you preper for the most gruelling, torturing fortnight of your life ... THE LEAVING CERT.

(God I love scaring the bejesus out of people who've yet to do the leaving.)

Hahahaha...lol, nice one, but no, I've been there already, and I spent not 2 but 3 years struggling getting ready for it cos i repeated 5th year. I did history for a while, nice subject but I'd have never gotten anywhere...
    Yeah scaring kids is fun. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭sd123

Id say maths (hon) paper 2 shot down hopes of an a1...which sucks!!

i didn't see an awful lot wrong with it tbh. imo, both papers were easier than last year and i cant see where an A1 student would've fallen on either paper. but then again thats my opinion:rolleyes:

with regards to the original thread, i was pretty dissappointed with my physics exam. I was half expecting to get an A1 in the (h) paper since an A2 in the mocks but i left study until the night before the exam, which only gave me time to learn defs... the rest of the exam had to be answered on my knowledge of studying for the mocks more than 4 months earlier... fcukit anyway, will probably only get an A2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

Irish and possibly french.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭me2gud4u

yeh i'm beginning to feel a bit shaky....praying chemisrtry and maths are ok and basically everything else too......hope i get my first choice

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭D. Coughlan

I am worried about my English essay in paper 1, looking back it was really sad about wanting to change the world.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭fionated7

im dreadin seeing everything!!! really didnt study half enough *hangs head in shame*

Advertisement