Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nerve Centre

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 jackjack555

yea at least 1 subject is bound to be lower than you predict

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

yea at least 1 subject is bound to be lower than you predict

Maths D3 -25

English C3 - 10

French D1 -15

Physics D2 -20

Biology C2 -5

Geography C1

thats how i think i did

would get me 345 and science in UCD!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,933 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I was less nervous about the actual exams then i am now. I didn't sleep properly last night. I'm almost 100% sure i didn't get my points...

the night before last i had the most horrible dream...i actually got an A1 in honours english and an A in pass Irish...why horrible you ask?

Because Wednesday will be a real disappointment in comparison to my dream.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Uuuuugh Physics...... noooooo im so not looking forward to this result, it was such a horrible paper :(

And English because i have no idea how it went, could be alright.....OR ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Not expecting much for physics or music. Probably failed physics. Ah well. Get to do it again as part of a course if I get my first preference ...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 anything goes

The only thing I know I did well in is Maths because I dropped to pass after the mock and found it fairly easy, everything else I did rubbish in. I was really disapointed with T.D. it was always my best subject but I found the paper horrible if I get a C in it now I'll be happy.

yea english is by far the most difficult to predict. its very much dependent on the personality of the examiner imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭DtotheK

for TG, applied maths, physics worry very much so i do.

aced english..

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭kisaragi

Ah English... A1 in the mocks and now thinking I might get a b3 or something like that... just could be taken so wrongly :( I feel like nerves ruined my LC lol...

I had my first results dream last night... eep... a sure sign of anxiousness :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭shazzyshaz

oh god. business went brutal. french was ok!!
    well good luck to everyone. what is every1 doing tues nite??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 47 curlysue18

I thought business was most delightful!! i think i'll do best in that..

i'm verrrrrrry worried about biology result tho, not my best subject by a long shot:(

any1 doing LCVP?? i'm hoping for a distinction so i can use those 70 points, instead of whatever meagre amount of points i recieve for biology....

hopefully all will turn out well:rolleyes:

Tuesday night - probably toss and turn in bed worrying about what tomorrow morning will bring :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

I did LCVP. If i dont get a distinction I shall be very disappointed. VERY disappointed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭TheInvisibleFie

Four days to go. Not looking forward to results. I thought I was going to do great in English but I chose a short story. Why did I do that? And I answered on Sylvia Plath which it turns out everyone else in the country did too!

I had studied so much for History and then hated the paper. Last years chief examiner's report went on about opinions. There was no chance of an opinion in any of my topics. I never expected to do well in biology, did pass maths which I'm not counting, destroyed my chances of Spanish at the oral exam and couldn't sit up straight for the pain in music composition but I thought if I got up and left I'd never be able to sit back down.

So yeah. Not looking forward to the results.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭DtotheK

Four days to go. Not looking forward to results. I thought I was going to do great in English but I chose a short story. Why did I do that? And I answered on Sylvia Plath which it turns out everyone else in the country did too!

So yeah. Not looking forward to the results.

exactly what i did for english, and as soon as i was about a quarter way through it i was wondering why the hell i chose that but it was too late to start a new thing. mine was primary school quality.

My english essay was terrible also!

I wrote about something wayyyyyyy off the point of the title, well i didn't intentionally but i took modern shopping centre as some metaphor yokey!!

That will only account for around 30 of my lost marks however so that's not the only part that went wrong!

Oh god! They are closing in fast now!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭*belle*

For me and many others (by the sounds of it) physics was a joke.....who knows what wednesday will bring though.
    hmmm not holding my breath on that one.

also kinda curious to see how i did in maths and italian.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭nedward

Thought Physics was a piece of piss compared to chatting up my old teacher tonight roll on Wed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

I went back to do lc and tbh I am a bit iffy as to maths, what a strenuous subject

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

nedward wrote:
    Thought Physics was a piece of piss compared to chatting up my old teacher tonight roll on Wed

Wait what!?

I had a dream that i got my results last night but i just couldnt see the results!!

Instead of normal grades there were P's and S's !! :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭TheInvisibleFie

DtotheK wrote:
    exactly what i did for english, and as soon as i was about a quarter way through it i was wondering why the hell i chose that but it was too late to start a new thing. mine was primary school quality.
    Normally I manage to do half decent short stories but as I was writing it I just knew the examiner was going to think a twelve year old had snuck into the exam hall. I'd say my spelling added to it.
    I had a dream that i got my results last night but i just couldnt see the results!!

I had my first (and thankfully only) Leaving Cert dream a few days ago. My results came in Harry Potter grades. I had to get to the CAO offices (in Scotland!) to try to get them to except my results. They kept saying that they wouldn't take results based on fictional exams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

I had almost the same dream except I had little stars in columns instead of grades. It was almost like an airline ticket without any writing.
    Apparently the stars told my junior cert french teacher that I didn't get the required points...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

I had a drem last nite too. I dreamt that I got a D2 in business bcoz I failed it in my mocks. But I didn't look at any other reuslts on the page, for some reason all I wanted was that D2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 GurlyGurl

I have definitely failed History. I'm so embarrassed. My only consolation is that it was Higher Level!! SO I'm dreading that. Also OL Chemistry. Didn't study the soap experiment and I nearly had a heart attack when it came up. Irish wasn't great becasue I did HL till May '07 and then dropped and I wasn't really prepared. French (HL) listening was ROCK HARD.

OMG help!

You thought the french listening was hard?
    I thought it was really easy.. so much better then the mock!

I am absoloutely screwed in Bio.. I regret that I slept through all those classes.. and prolly shouldv done more study then the night before (no lie)
    I just listened to that thing on 2fm.. where they talked about the exam.. and what they thought might come up! Legend of a programme! :D

em.. what else.. slightly worried that I wont pass maths.. (pass maths) .. Would you believe only 5 people in my year outta.. around 90 do honours?.. but yeah.. im worried about that.. and.. yeah thats it.

LCVP = biggest waste of time ever! Seriously.. what possessed me to take it .. is beyond me!

I also had a dream last night.. but all these subjects that I dont even take came up.. wirey!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Extreme-LoopZ

oh god, History! *bursts into tears* I was counting on that for an A1. Then Wilfred Owen showed up on the paper.
    And English, my Macbeth question was a disaster:(
    and I know I screwed up in music harmony, I just know it.
    F*ck it, I just wanna get my results so I don't have to bear the torture of waiting any longer.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 GurlyGurl

oh god, History! *bursts into tears* I was counting on that for an A1. Then Wilfred Owen showed up on the paper.
    And English, my Macbeth question was a disaster:(
    and I know I screwed up in music harmony, I just know it.
    F*ck it, I just wanna get my results so I don't have to bear the torture of waiting any longer.....

Same about Macbeth for me :(

I am counting on Music for an A. I thought it was a nice paper. And I was glad we got the Elton John song as unheard listening :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭fionated7

i was counting music as one of my tops until i completely messed up my practical n threw away 50%!! the written paper was ok i guess so im hoping il pass..
    my english paper two was abit of a disaster too.. where was patrick kavanagh??? my macbeth question was abit of a shambles too!
    so there was two subjects id been gettin A's in all year complete disasters!! really not lookin forward to wednesday!!

aaahhhhhhhh two more sleeps :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Marshy

In these situations I usually find the 7-11 method of relaxation is useful. That is breathe in for 7 seconds and breathe out for 11.

2 days left. Good luck to y'all. :)

• Advertisement

dont think anything could relax me at this stage!!

does anybody know if i will be penalised in geography for having 1007 words in my project instead of >1000 ?? has been bugging me all summer

Advertisement