Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nerve Centre

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

Unless you get an absolute c**t of a corrector I would say no

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Marshy wrote:
    In these situations I usually find the 7-11 method of relaxation is useful. That is breathe in for 7 seconds and breathe out for 11.

2 days left. Good luck to y'all. :)
    I prefer a good stiff drink meself;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Marshy wrote:
    In these situations I usually find the 7-11 method of relaxation is useful. That is breathe in for 7 seconds and breathe out for 11.

2 days left. Good luck to y'all. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Marshy

Sean_K wrote:
    Yeah well that can be just as effective :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

dont think anything could relax me at this stage!!

does anybody know if i will be penalised in geography for having 1007 words in my project instead of >1000 ?? has been bugging me all summer

God no. They'll only count it if it looks dangerously oover the word count. Then they might take cohesion marks away. I wrote 1125 instead of 1000, and it still looks within the limit..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭DtotheK

this thread seems to be about nothing in particular! so...

during the exams i had some freaky dreams, (i dont like english)
    and i was in my house doing the english paper, but i couldn't understand it, it was like a hardback colouring book with random crap in it! and i was ffreaking out! and my sister started playing an electric guitar(even though no one owns one in the family) and i managed to get around 5 lines written on each question and i felt so worried after it, and also when i woke up i was sayin" ****!!!!!!!! i screwed that up!!!" but soon realised my mind just played that horible trick on me!

Anyone know in general what the girl:guy ratio is actually like in general engineering(UCD/Trin)??
    I just dont want to be deeply upset on my first day at a sausage fest and with no warning!)

I'm also going to add that i'm damn glad my psp broke in the month or 2 before the LC , otherwise i would have got (my actual result - ~100)points.

oh and while i'm at it, hairspray rocks!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Lucas10101

That (Post) essay would have been good on expansion during the exam for english DtotheK

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Probably French - I made an arse of my timing scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Last night I dreamt I got an F3 in Classics, my one nearly dead certain A1 subject.

And yes I know an F3 doesn't even exist but i was still pretty upset!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Marshy

DtotheK wrote:
    oh and while i'm at it, hairspray rocks!!!
    Yeah but I'll tell ya the broadway musical certainly doesn't :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

Oh I had a dream, it involved a lady.......................... actually this isnt the place for this. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭fionated7

all before the lc i kept dreamin i was on my way into the exam centre to do my english paper n i broke my arm n couldnt do it.. n then i was going off in the ambulance and my teacher handed me a copy of the paper jus so i cud have a look and everything i had studied really well came up but i couldnt do it.... i should have known when i didnt fall over going in that all my well studied stuff also wouldnt happen...

now i jus keep dreamin bout telling everyone i failed everything n them being so let down n disappointed.... and about a lil boy stabbing me wiv a compass in the eye!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Spank

fionated7 wrote:
    all before the lc i kept dreamin i was on my way into the exam centre to do my english paper n i broke my arm n couldnt do it.. n then i was going off in the ambulance and my teacher handed me a copy of the paper jus so i cud have a look and everything i had studied really well came up but i couldnt do it.... i should have known when i didnt fall over going in that all my well studied stuff also wouldnt happen...

now i jus keep dreamin bout telling everyone i failed everything n them being so let down n disappointed.... and about a lil boy stabbing me wiv a compass in the eye!!
    Lol, serious anxiety issues.

Not bothered at the moment, just really want to know what I got! If I don't get my points I can always repeat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭fionated7

dont laugh!!! that boy with the compass was scary!!! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭flonge

Im pretty much screwed for the whole lot!!lol!
    I found the LC hard enough now,esp biology and english!
    I hate that there is so much pressure on LC students!I personally will be turning my phone off untill I'm ready..I dont think I'll do well..

Good luck to everyone I hope all goes well!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Ive only had one dream, and in that dream i failed physics and missed my course.....and the likelyhood if that happening isnt a low as i would like :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Spank wrote:
    If I don't get my points I can always repeat.

With the possibility of being in the exact same position next year only worse?
    Sorry for being an ass, but think long and hard before repeating the LC if you don't get the points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Spank

Naikon wrote:
    With the possibility of being in the exact same position next year only worse?
    Sorry for being an ass, but think long and hard before repeating the LC if you don't get the points.
    Nah, it's not like that. i only discovered my 'perfect' course 3/4 of the way through 6th year, I hadn't really been trying, and was doing subjects I hated.

Worried about Irish HL, a fail is in order

Spank wrote:
    Nah, it's not like that. i only discovered my 'perfect' course 3/4 of the way through 6th year, I hadn't really been trying, and was doing subjects I hated.

Worried about Irish HL, a fail is in order

Well, if that is the case then fair enough I suppose.
    The weird thing is I have known my top choice since 5th year :/
    If worst comes to worst, pick proper subjects at least:p

*btw, a fail in HL irish is probably hard to achieve like in English*

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 43 toastomatic

I picked the wrong subjects, I knew it from october in 5th year, but i wasn't allowed to change em...

Haha, I had a dream shortly before the exams that I fell and got a corkscrew stuck right in my head, and that my physics teacher walked right past me and just gave me a funny look, and I had to call an ambulance for myself from a phone box.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Selphie

The first LCrelated dream I had was shortly before the orals. My school was about fifty times bigger than it normally is, and I went to do my French oral in the principal's office. We had paragraphs to read off, like you do in Irish. The examiner handed me a big toffee apple with numbers on it, and said, "bite off the bit that says three," so I took a big bite of it, and there was a piece of paper inside the apple, which I was meant to read. So, I took it out but it was written in Irish so I couldn't read it. Scary stuff.....
    The second was about a week before English. We were doing the English paper, but we weren't in an exam hall. We were in my school, and also by a shopping centre that's near my school, and you basically just had to find a place to be comfortable, so people were just stretched out all over the place. My mother was there too, bizarrely. Anyway, I couldn't think of any essays to match the titles, so this sweet HDip from my school was gently encouraging me, so I started writing, but next thing I knew there were fifteen minutes left and I was only just starting the comparative *switching papers and everything!* I woke up in a cold sweat.....
    God, panic dreams are the worst!

Strangely, I have yet to experience an LC related dream.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 43 toastomatic

haha...thats terrible...I know how it is...
    I hate the moment after a bad dream, when you think youre awake but you really aren't. Cos youre brain plays tricks on you and you're likely to think that theres something hiding under your duvet, like me the night before last. haha. The fear that I felt....lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Naikon wrote:
    Strangely, I have yet to experience an LC related dream.
    Tonight is your night! Can forsee it already: postal strike tomorrow and no Internet access due to some alien invasion ... :D

Advertisement