Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Dublin

Options
  • 09-08-2007 3:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

Hi All,

I'm possibly relocating to Dublin for a new job in the next month or so.. The company is based in Dublin 2..

Can anyone tell me what the main areas would be to rent an appt in and around D2 please. I'm looking for somewhere thats maybe about 10/15 mins either way...

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Dublin 2 is basically the city centre so be prepared to pay high prices. Rathmines has a lot of rented accommodation, very studenty type area and not a million miles from town. Try daft.ie or the Evening Herald on a Thursday -although don't read the thing or your IQ may decrease and you will find that your job offer will be witdrawn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 butchy2007

grainne_t wrote:
    Hi All,

I'm possibly relocating to Dublin for a new job in the next month or so.. The company is based in Dublin 2..

Can anyone tell me what the main areas would be to rent an appt in and around D2 please. I'm looking for somewhere thats maybe about 10/15 mins either way...

Thanks!
    anywhere in rathmines, ranelagh, harold's cross, donnybrook

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Depending where in Dublin 2 you are working, you might also be able to consider accommodation out the DART line (northside).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 grainne_t

Thanks for the replies! I'll go and have a look on daft & see if i can find something in those areas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

What part of Dublin 2?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33 grainne_t

Miss Fluff wrote:
    What part of Dublin 2?

The job is in Fitzwilliam St..

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Try to move before the student rush for accommodation starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

grainne_t wrote:
    The job is in Fitzwilliam St..
    if the job is in Fitz st your best bet would be Rathgar Rathmines etc unless you consider renting around Fitz Square, which I did and nearly got sick looking at the basic accomodation with pre 60s kitchen ware for a way over the top price!!

It's just not worth it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Anywhere on the green Luas line should suit you too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Rathmines/Portobello or around Cork Street/Dublin 8 or around Baggot Street/ South Lotts Road (best area in town.......not being biased!!:) ) is a 15mins walk. Good luck with the move, Dublin is great so hope you enjoy. Don't bother with the Herald so try daft.ie instead and imo move into a shared apartment with another person if not familiar with the city rather than living on your own.

• Advertisement
Advertisement