Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking for an IO shield: Calling all EVGA 680i owners

• 09-08-2007 3:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭

My mobo is an: EVGA 680i A1

Ok to cut a long story short, I bought a mobo off a guy in the US but it didn't have any accessories included. He is sending me the accessories now (wasn't his fault, it was a sealed RMA board and evga messed up) but without an IO shield.

I really would like to get my hands on an IO shield for this board.

So what i'm looking for is:

A) If anyone knows where I can buy one
    B) Can someone give me theres
    C) If someone owns this board could they contact evga and get them to send out a replacement IO shield which I will buy off them for €10 + shipping

Anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

over 30 views and nobody? Come on, i'm good people somebody throw me a bone :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Fraid not mate :(

What about places where I can get an IO mesh? (like the ones you get on the back of DELLs) where I could just cut out the port holes.

The IO shield usually wouldn't bother me but i've got a habit of reaching around the back of my pc and just blindly moving the connector around until I find a free port for it. I don't want my hand slipping in the gapping holes left by having no IO shield and shorting something out.

Anti wrote:

:eek: I was wondering why I hadn't already found this. Looks like the guy only ships to the US, I usually filter my searchs by whether they will ship to ireland.

I might just send him a message requesting whether he'd ship to Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Yeah its worth a try. IF needed i can have it shipped to the states and then to here if you want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Liamo,

I bought one of these off komplett recently - 2 months ago, if you draft an email I'll send it to komplett or Evga an try and get you a replacement for gratis.

Inqui

Cool i'll PM you. Still haven't heard back from the ebay guy in the US about whether he'll ship to me.

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

why not make one? Im not joking, some thin aluminium plate and a cone cutter / dremel and you will have on nicer than the flimsy stock one...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

there quite easy to make ask hopefull i think he has made 1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

lol i threw one of these out a few weeks ago :eek:
    had a spare one for the 680i

Advertisement