Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone else had a blood clot in the leg?

Options
  • 09-08-2007 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭

Shane my husband has just been diagnosed with a blood clot in the calf muscle in the leg. Has anyone else gone through this? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

I had one circa eight and a half years back Cathy, after a road traffic accident. I was driving a motorcycle and got a belt of a car, majorly messed up my left femur and was left lying idle on a gurney in the mater hosp in dub. Accident happened on a monday evening, I had an op on the tuesday evening, and they found the clot by accident on my left calf muscle on the wednesday. I needen't tell you it scared the bejesus out of me, more so than the accident which was nasty, I almost lost the leg from the knee down.
    I was immediately put on warfarin and got heptarin? injections in the stomach every evening for the duration of my stay in the Mater which lasted close to three weeks.
    I was put on warfarin for the guts of eight months and eventually taken off it.
    Any questions just ask.

Advertisement