Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

setteled with dell. not too bad!

• 09-08-2007 4:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭

right so i ordered an alienware laptop last week...

rang them today as today was the expected shipping date,
    and they said they are waiting for me to send a copy of my credit card, and a utility bill....

WTF. i opted to pay the full balance last week!
    checked my credit card, and no transaction was taken yet!!

so after a week, they hadnt even rang me and asked for that info...

cancelled the order!

now i bought a dell inspiron
    Core™ 2 Duo T7200 Processor 2.0GHz,667MHz,4MB L2 cache
    Windows Vista
    17.0" UltraSharp™ Wide Screen WUXGA (1920x1200) TFT Display with TrueLife
    2048MB 667MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM
    120GB (5400rpm) SATA
    512MB DDR3 nVidia® GeForce™ Go 7950 GTX graphics
    8X DVD+/-RW Drive
    9 cell Lithium-Ion Battery ( yes i know it sticks out a few inches!! )
    Dell™ Wireless 355 Bluetooth 2.0 Module
    Intel® Next-Gen Wireless-N Mini-Card

didnt get the bag or case as they are sick prices...

but i dont think i did too bad with it.

total price is 2095. inc del and vat.
    but decided to ring them and i got 285 off the total price.
    so now its 1810
    delivery date is 16th of august.

its a bit better than waiting 4 weeks for alienware and the specs are better.

i know its dell, and ive been warned about the customer reps and all, but hey i want a great laptop, and this meets my needs :)

espically the graphics card.alas, i know its not dx10 but for now, i have what i need!

i was going to get the 1gb ram for 180 quid less, but they come in sticks of 512 each while now i get 2x1024.
    not really interested in buying the 1gb and then upgrading myself. too much hassle for the sake of a few euro...

so did i make the right choice? i like the laptop, and its specs are what i want.

ill use it mainly for gaming, supreme commander and counterstrike etc.... starcraft 2 etc.

any opinions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭gunsofbrixton

What model inspiron is it 9400? by the look of the spec i would say so, this is an old model if it is, the proccesor T7200 is not the new Santa Rosa Platform.
    Can't see it on the web anymore so would think its prob a refurb model did they say?? Perhaps there still selling new 9400's over the phone

Good spec but even at €1810 id be a little concerned. The €180 euro extra for 2gig is still excessive you can buy 2gig of RAM for this lappie for €80 thats (2X1gig sticks) then if you really wanted could sell the 1gig that came with it for around €40 giving a total upgrade price for 2gigs at about €40. The installation if its a 9400 is a cinch unscrew cover on the bottom of laptop and bobs your uncle pop them in, extremely easy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

dell inspiron XPS 1710

i know i could have upgraded the ram, but honestly, im sick of modding computers and im too lazy really :P

Advertisement