Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steinberg Sequel

Options
  • 09-08-2007 4:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

I am thinking of buying steinberg sequel because of its price and the fact that it looks as simple as garageband. I have used garageband before and found it so simple, after using it I bought a keyboard from apple so i could record piano, guitar sounds etc. I am wondering if you can do the same with sequel, can you just plug a keyboard in and select a sound and record. Could someone help me please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Found this in the FAQs on the Sequel website:
    How can I play the Sequel instruments with a keyboard?

To play Sequel’s hundreds of instruments, you need a MIDI keyboard as well as an audio card or interface with a MIDI connection. Your music store will have a huge range of MIDI keyboards, all the way from compact two-octave models to huge 88-key keyboards with weighted keys. The MIDI keyboard is connected to a MIDI socket on the audio interface; most audio interfaces have a MIDI socket to connect to keyboards. Using a standard MIDI cable, connect the MIDI Out on the keyboard with the MIDI In on the audio interface. Now you’re ready to play all the on-board instruments in Sequel!

Many newer MIDI keyboards also have a USB connector. This is even easier to set up, as the keyboard is simply plugged into a free USB port on your computer, so you don’t even have to use a MIDI cable.

They don't seem to push it as a feature though, I had to dig to find that. Also no mention of VST compatibility, which is unusual in a Steinberg product.

Looks like an interesting consumer alternative to Garageband - if you buy it make sure to report back and let us know how you find it! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 quagmondo

cornbb wrote:
    Found this in the FAQs on the Sequel website:

They don't seem to push it as a feature though, I had to dig to find that. Also no mention of VST compatibility, which is unusual in a Steinberg product.

Looks like an interesting consumer alternative to Garageband - if you buy it make sure to report back and let us know how you find it! :)

Thanks, I will think about it for a bit and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

Yes you can.

I've just recently bought it, its easy to get the hang of. I bought an EMU xboard 49 and I play and record keyboard parts over beats and sequels own samples.

Its the business for my budget and level of expertise.

Advertisement