Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Most liked car brand in Germany?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭mickd

Honda are more stylish than Toyota, put the Civic beside a Corolla no contest as to which is the superior looking car

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

mickd wrote:
    Honda are more stylish than Toyota, put the Civic beside a Corolla no contest as to which is the superior looking car

The Civic saloon is a handsome car, but the hatch is vile (imo). I think it is dating already. Honda tried to pull off something like Ford did with the focus (going from super dull to striking and unusual in one swoop), but failed miserably imo.

Still more appealing than a corolla or arse/auris. Focus is the best all rounder imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

maidhc wrote:
    The Civic saloon is a handsome car, but the hatch is vile (imo). I think it is dating already. Honda tried to pull off something like Ford did with the focus (going from super dull to striking and unusual in one swoop), but failed miserably imo.

I must say that I think the exact opposite. The saloon is as bland and unadventureous as any other Japmobile. You can tell that this car was designed for the Asian/American market.
    On the other hand, the hatchback is a stunner IMHO. It tries to be as groundbreaking as the original Focus, and for me, it suceeds in style. It looks like a car that was designed for Europe. The hatch's interior is also smarter and more European than the saloon too. Just make sure its the 1.8 litre version. The 1.4 is very boring looking besides the 1.8, particularly from the rear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Stekelly wrote:
    Bit of a stretch though. Being assembled doesnt really count. Especially seeing as so many makes make their cars in various differen countries.

Maybe we could convince Ferrari to set up a factory here and we can claim them.:D
    If you want Irish related car makers now a days, you'll have to look towards Panoz... it's even got a shamrock in the badge because of the founder's Irish roots! :)

On a side note, I agree with E92's statement above too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,381 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

E92 wrote:
    I must say that I think the exact opposite. The saloon is as bland and unadventureous as any other Japmobile. You can tell that this car was designed for the Asian/American market.
    On the other hand, the hatchback is a stunner IMHO

I couldn't agree more. It took me a little while to get used to the looks of the Civic hatchback, but you'll hear nothing but kudos from me on the design / styling. Whoever is responsible for the design must have big balls indeed. The typical design coming from the far east seems to try hard to be blander than the blandest, but not this Civic

Indeed the Civic has broken the mold v European even the rear door handles copied from Alfa. Was reading an article which said that Focus designers must have choked on their food when the Civic was launched regretting the fact that Focus 2 is so conservative

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭what_car

bazz26 wrote:
    An Accord is hardly that much different though and I've owned both makes.

having owned both makes too! i can comment also!

toyota styling leaves a lot to be desired.. good solid cars, but very very boring... and looks wise dont look great.... eg avensis / auris.

in terms of quality i find the honda put together better, and has no loose bits unlike the last avensis i had which i got rid of after 6mths from new!

hondas look far better than toyota, you cannot compare the avensis to the accord looks wise...........

also the accord drives far better than the avensis and has more comfortable seats...:D

Advertisement