Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cost to get a bumper sprayed?

Options
  • 09-08-2007 4:39pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭

A mate of mine needs to get a new bumper on their car and it sprayed after a small accident.. However he is being quoted crazy rates, well I think they are..

He driver a 05 Micra and the price of the bumper is €170 ex VAT from what I can see from local dealers, however he is being quoted €500 for the bumper, getting it sprayed and fitted. This after shopping around!! :eek:

I said he should get a second hand one and get it sprayed, but he wants to get a new one as its a relatively new car, only bought it in early 06 as it was a demo model.

Am I crazy in thinking that nearly €300 is a bit over the top for a bumper to be sprayed and fitted?? :confused:

Its metallic paint by the way.

Tox

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

The Girlfriend got quoted €950 for a new back bumper (supplied, sprayed and fitted) for her Mazda 6. The bumper itself can be got from Micks's Garage for €208.91 including VAT. The excuse we got for the €741 cost of spraying and fitting is that there are new environmental regulations governing auto paints, and this makes it very costly.

Oh, and this isn't through a main Mazda dealer, but through the insurance company approved garage.

Other party's insurance is paying, but still.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

A guy I know was quoted just over €1000 for a new bumper on a 06 zafira.Main dealer obviously.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Jeez, they are some crazy prices...

Last time I had to get something like that it was for 2 bumpers (front and back) on a 97 Mondeo and that only cost me €850 to buy both, get em sprayed and fitted..

Guess he's getting off lightly.. and the this is being done through a dealership!!

Ok, better tell him the good news so :D

Cheers for the feedback guys

Tox

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

I got mine done last year for €280, just painted that is.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

This is purchasing it, spraying and fitting.. so all sounds good..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

To be honest €300 sounds cheap enough to me for a full bumper.

On a 2005 car I would try and get the best quality job done too otherwise it will look very obvious that the car was painted and this will affect the resale value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

Sounds a teeny bit irish to me personally i'd charge for the bumper and put on 250 for labour and paint.

Someone said a grand for one, keep in mind no damage is the same if the car gets a slap at the side the valances could move across so the car will have to be jigged the parts maybe only a bumper, to jig a car your looking at atleast 450-500.

-VB-

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

is there any thing else to be done, if not ring about for the price og a bumper, make sure its primed, then its gotta be sanded down, get a 1st coat, sanded again, 2nd coat, probably 3 coats of laquer, depending on the place, is it warm, is it damp. the guys gotta work. take off the old 1. fit the new 1, they never are the same esp, is its spurous, fit it, lights to be ajusted maby, its not easy, time and patience, volvo boy aught to know he is trying out this crack at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

I pay about €250-€300 for a bumper respray to the guy who does my bodywork. Had to get a front bumper for a M-tech BMW last year; got a spurious one off ebay for aroung €400 delivered; genuine was about €950 (both prices ex fitting and painting!).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Wikipedia!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭briman1983

Got a body kit professionally fitted to my 03 corolla there last year for 400E, that included getting the back bumper completely resprayed after I had a little mishap and also a spoiler to be sprayed and fitted

It pays to know people

Advertisement